Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate putting the hard top back on for winter!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RADMAN, Oct 6, 2000.

1. RADMAN

RADMAN Registered Member

The rear window is loose. Everything mechanicaly is fine. The hard top has good trim in it and the window fits snug in it, but down across the door, there is no trim left thats not dry rotted and worn off. Just wondered if new trim would help and where can I get it. The tailgate fits nice and snug also, and doesn't move. Help!!!!!!

TAKE HER TOP OFF, AND ROLL HER IN THE MUD!!!!
    89'JIMMY

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Duno about yours but my softtop keeps the water out better than my hardtop does! So my hardtop is gonna stay on the side of the house for awile.Maby for ever.........

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I We have a trip to Disney OK to night back on Sunday then its time to put the softtop up and lower the hardtop on!!!

My back window has new rubber and it still ratels around and make all kind noise!!!

My hard top does keep the rain and snow out better the the soft top does.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

you all going to grand lake?? Love that damm lake. had to winterize the all the inboard last week, boohoo. That is a sign that summer is Over, no more wake boarding. I will have to change my name to SnowBoard&4X4er for the winter! LOL!

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Lucky fellow, going to Disney. I was there in febuary...and loved it. Have lots of fun and have some for me too. LOL

bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: I feel your pain!

Yeah I made it though Dixie run and drove it up there in the low 40's and I only have a bikini top! Haven't had the spare cash for a full soft top yet [​IMG]. Looks like the hard top is going on for the season tomorrow. We are expecting 30's this weekend and it looks like we are going to have a cold winter down here in Atlanta this year. Last year I ran it topless till late October. Well my Supra is a Targa so when I need that topless fix I can still get it when it's warm. Ohh well there is next year for another season of full topless fun in the K5!
    I am taking donations for the get Grimmy a soft top fund [​IMG]

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

8. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Don't leave that top off during the fall if your in CO, you just might end up with a truck full of snow. Which just so happend to my buddy's Bronco, needless to say I laughed my ass off. Esp. after seeing him drive it with no top 'cause he couldn't put it on. Heh, vinyl no stretch when it's cold.

"I can get us outta this, it just gonna take whole lotta floorin'"

9. nocents72

nocents72 Newbie

Try LMC for the new seals - as for putting the top on, hold out as long as you can. I went all the way to November last year before I finally gave in.

FUNBOMB - 72 Jimmy 350/350