Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Hate Rust!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Oct 19, 2005
    The rust trucks decided to lay down tons of beet juice de-icer this past week, because the news said we might possibly get flurries. :mad: I re-painted my 79 about 2 years ago, and have only put 10,000 miles on it (got other vehicles to drive) and I got two holes in my rocker, and a new hole in my front fender, washed it today, found a bubble around my fender lip moulding.

I love my blazer, glad I decided to keep it, but I hate rust. I guess I am gonna be doing body work again this year. .

Just felt like venting, I know we all go through this in the snowy areas.
  2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Dec 21, 2005
    You have my sympathy, as well as my empathy. I'm going to be having K5 sheetmetal surgery soon. The rear wheelwells are the major rust blight areas, along with a few small floor pan spots and some surface rust here and there. I bought the truck this way, so it wasn't unexpected.

I look at body work on a vehicle that you've owned a long time (and paid for long time ago) as a pittance compared to the cost of buying a new one. Depreciation, insurance, etc.

Kind of like my teeth - get a regular check-up at a good body shop (semi-annual, put it on the left and really look for new rust) so I can catch rust when it's a tiny issue, fix it now (with a small filling, rather than later when it's big enough to require a root canal & crown).

Speaking of root canals and crowns, check out my tooth decay:

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Oct 31, 2003
    What is this stuff you are calling "RUST" ????????????????

:D :p: :p: :D