Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate slush boxes@%&$$^%$#!^%$^*%$!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by imiceman44, Jan 12, 2003.

1. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I was snow wheeling yesterday with a bunch of my buddies.
    We went up to uncle tom's cabin.
    I was doing fine until one that had a stock 4runner got stuck and he wanted my help so I had to go around all the trucks and get to him. Well I was working my way up, with no lockers and 15PSI in my 35" I was doing pretty good then I hear some ratchetting noise and I see some smoke coming out from under my truck, I get down and there is red fluid all over.
    I think I busted one of my lines on the tranny cooler, but no, the fluid was gushing out from under the tranny.
    I look, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I see the cv H part broken and the driveshaft turned and wedged between the case and the cross over pipe and broke the corner of the tranny, a 4" piece off. and then turned and punctured the pan.
    We were about 25 miles into deep snow. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    I had to be towed back through the snow by a Toyota /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif , well it's ok it's Chris Collard, and he had a JP eater in there HA HA HA. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif He is the inventor of the toyota doubler the JP eater and he is a free lance photographer for magazines, and he took some pictures (coming soon) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Well he dragged me all the way to pavement where we called AAA and we got a tow truck.
    He decided he should grab it from the rear end so I reluctantly agreed, and we got into georgetown and one wheel falls off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif , hits an oncoming jeep wrangler head on /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif , luckily it hit the bumper and she was pretty shaken up.
    So we switched to the rear and I took off the rear driveshaft and we get to placerville and we have a flat /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif , we change it and get home at 10pm. I broke down at 2pm.
    Oh what a day.
    I am giving the auto one more try, and the half ton driveshafts too.
    If that breaks I am going to 1 ton driveshaft, if I can hook them to 1/2ton axles. I'd rather brake a shaft, and replace it on the trail than brake a tranny and get towed home.
    By the way it was a TH400 in a Jeep Full size.
    Thanks for listening to me vent. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I have had a couple of those days.. They really suck.. Glad you made it home thou...

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

DANG dude!

At least there was no fire from the tranny fluid. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Wheres the pics? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've blown several driveshafts apart but they've never taken out the tranny! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear you made it back!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

That sucks. You didn't tell me about the tire... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif