Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Hate Superlift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, May 11, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've been working on my lift a couple hours a day for the last week and a half...by myself with no air tools and no torch/welder. I've had so many problems I can't even begin to remember them all. The front springs had too big a bolt on the bottom so I had to spend 2 hours filing them down so it would fit in the axle. The bolts stuck out too far on the top, so I had to take time and trim them down. I'm finally ready to actually mount the springs to the axle and then I figure out that 4-Wheel Parts Wholestealers sent me the wrong sized U-bolts. They are exactly half an inch too wide. They won't fit through the holes and are way too big around the axle tubes. And since I bought the lift over a year ago, I probably won't be able to get my money back. Working on a very rusty, 27 year old truck is bad enough, but other people making mistakes just pisses me off so bad. Superlift tech support is a bunch of hick retards and you have to be on hold for about 15 minutes before they take your call. And 4-Wheel Parts Wholestealers operators are always rude...and the place is usually overpriced. Why can't every place be as cool as ORD???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Been there, done that. Was different companies tho'.

I feel your pain.

Mud is just thick water, or is it that water is just thin mud?

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hang in there man. I couldn't believe that sh!t when you told me that. I came over there and was blown away. With all do respect, I thought my Jimmy would take days, but like you know.....it didn't. I'll help you look around. Cya man

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)