Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate this goddamn anger problem.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zeus33rd, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

It's like a snowball rolling down a hill. I get pissed at some dumbass little thing, then get pissed off at myself for being pissed at nothing. Just compunds itself over and over till my head feels like its gonna explod, or I want to break something or just want to start screaming in frustration. If I was just a tiny bit less passive, I'm sure I wouldhave hurt someone or somthing by now. It gets so bad that I get a little, cold, hard knot in my stomach for upwards of 2+ hours. I've been dealing with this porblem for most of my life...I have tried every method in the book for controlling it. The ONLY thing that works is sparkin up a bowl. But thats cheating...Bleh...

I gotta go find something to bash.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Take a deep breath, brother.........:eek1:

Talk it out, man, talk it out.

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

buy a giant stuffed animal and get a baseball bat and hang it from a tree in your backyard..if that dont work keep smokin ;D

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude, you got issues. I have the anger management solution........(the surgeon general says consuming alcoholic beverages can impair your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems) DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!! ITS BAD FOR EVERYONE!!!!

select.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not the way to go man...even though it doesn't have a lot addictive properties, it's a ****ty habit to break.

6. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I used to have the same issue. Stay away from the herb, it just makes it worse. You start to develop (an addiction?) a need to spark up all the time because you think it will calm you down. Whenever you get really pissed off, just go lay down in the backyard or a field somewhere and just stare at the sky. Sounds ghey but it will actually clear your head. Dont think about anything just stare off.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

got room to stash an old beater at your place? better yet, buy a parts truck, strip all the good parts, and leave the shell lay. ever need an outlet, grab a hammer, and pound away. my '73 looks 10x worse than it did the day i pulled it out of the derby pit for that exact reason.

8. Zeus33rd

If it weren't so damn cold outside, I would have gone for a walk or somthing already. I think I'm gonna get a dog...I need an impartial, non-judgemental buddy more than anything else. Someone thats ALWAYS happy to see me not matter what.

Budweiser? Barf in a can.
    I'm workin on a few of these-
    [​IMG]

Yeah, thats why I don't do it much. Like I said, it's cheating. I'd rather deal with my issues on my own with "outside" help. :crazy:

9. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I'm not a master of controlling my anger, but most of the time I stop and find somewhere quiet and count and it helps me some, depending on what's really bugging me or I just come to the office and get on here :laugh: . I used to throw tools on the floor and beat the walls, but that's not what I want my employees to see :wink1: .

10. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

The companionship will definitly calm you down, and it will also help you control your anger. Because you WILL get mad at the dog, but you quickly realize it really didnt mean to piss you off, it just didnt know better. As long as you keep that in mind you calm down quickly.

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

You too??--I got PO'D today too!..like every other day

I find myself with a similar,if not identical problem myself!..I get ticked off pretty easy ,especially lately,since I've avoided any alcohol or weed the past several months...Today wasn't a good day at all..

The day started on a sour note..I heard we are going to get 4-8" of snow--and my truck doesn't have the plow on it yet..still has several problems I couldn't afford to fix too,but is still drivable..then I remember I have to take my mom to the doctors office at 1pm.. :doah: :mad: ..

Then,after that,we'll have to go food shopping--its illeagal to NOT go shopping just before a snowstorm in MA you know.. :surepal: :surepal: --ever since the roads were closed for a week back in 1978,everyone races to the stores whenever that four letter word S-N-O-W is mentioned on the weather report,and wipes out the bread and milk aisles...toay was no exception..the store was mobbed,and I didn't get home until nearly dark!. :mad:

I had wanted to use my truck's plow lift to pick up the complete plow setup I had for sale out on my lawn,and put a wooden pallet under it,so it wont freeze to the ground..since we are not getting a foot of more of snow,I plan to leave it "on display" a bit longer,so more potential buyers see it..one guy stopped in with a dodge diesel pickup--but he was hoping for a "minute mount" plow.. :(

I had words with my mom on the way home from shopping--told her we should have gone AFTER dark,so I wouldn't have to put my plow on in the dark by candlight..ended up not getting the other plow setup on the pallet--had to settle for 2 wood blocks,I couldnt lift it high enough..and it was getting dark fast..I bashed both sides of both of my shins just above my ankles slipping and sliding while struggling with that pallet..now I'm bleeding,and my "F******* legs are killing me.. :angry1: :angry1:

Then I go in the house,all ticked off,after fighting for a half hour in the dark,to get my other plow on my K20--then my mother shows me an obituary in the newspaper..it was her younger brother,my "Uncle Skippy"--he passed away saturday.. :( --since I was online a lot over the weekend,guess who got reamed for tying up the phone line??.. :mad: --I felt bad I chewed my mom out earlier after reading about my uncle..then I hear her telling my sister on the phone,that her doctor said her blood pressure is so high she is suprised she hasn't had a stroke yet.. :eek1: :( ....

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!........ :frown1:

Going to the funeral and call hours could be very stressfull to her..I'm hoping my brothers will take her tomorrow and wednesday..I liked my uncle,he was a nice guy..but we were not a close family..I hadn't seen him for maybe 5 years,at a local flea market he used to sell photos and posters there (hewas a photographer and had his own studio--made custom picture frames too)..

I hate funerals..ever since I buried both of my best friends and my dad,I swore the only other one I would go to was my own!--but I did go to another good friends 11 year old son's wake when he died of leukemia a few years ago....I don't think I'm going to my uncles wake ..I'll visit his grave at the same cemetary my dads buried at,and see both of them later..I feel bad enough already..

I get VERY depressed this time of year anyway..the holidays,the cold,snow,long dark nights and short days all gang up on me and make me wish I could go to sleep and not wake up anymore...I hate winter with a passion..life sucks bad enough without cold and snow..I'm dreading my mom's funeral,it could be sooner than later..I'd rather not go to one right now..

I used to smoke pot and drink whiskey or Southern Comfort to ease the pain too,KidJethro...but it got way too expensive,and its only a temporary crutch,-I knew it wasn't the answer--(and its hard to buy when your broke..)..but man,it did make me feel better for awhile..at least when I used both,I had some ambition to go out in my shop,and actually do something--now I'm addicted to the computer instead..--much worse than drugs if you ask me..I was having withdrawl just having to stay off until 10:30 tonight!..I'll probably die if I ever get a job,and cant stay online all night anymore! :eek1:

I'm wishing I had a "bowl" or a drink tonight,I could use one right now....but I dont,and if I want to get a job,I have to be "clean"..so I'll just have to deal with life without it I guess..I'm getting too old for that crap anyway..I guess its time to grow up--and grow old.. :( ... :doah: :crazy:

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I too have anger issues. I can take only so much crap from a person before I snap on them. Once I've snapped on someone, they they can set me off with the tiniest thing. I probley should see a srink and get some meds too keep my anger in check, but I don't really want too.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Calm down, go find something that makes you happy or laugh, and round it out with beating off

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

definitely not the answer. Extreme physical exertion works to tame a temper... and gets you in shape at the same time. Next time you get over-the-top pissed, just start doing pushups until you feel calm again.... or try running... or punching the heavy bag. Figure out something like that. Its a good healthy way to burn off that energy.

j

15. Zeus33rd

Hmm....Words of wisdom to go by I think. Just might have to give that a try!! :D A good game of monkey spank IS hugely therepudic after all! :bow: :haha:

16. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just please don't post up about it. I'd like to sleep tonight. :doah: :crazy: :p:

17. Zeus33rd

I wish I could say I get pissed at things like that....Real world, legimate things that anyone would be pissed about. I get flaming pissed over things like gaming on the computer. Things that are supposed to be fun, relaxing and stress relief. If I can't find a tool I need, I get livid...Which is compounded by the fact that I know I used the tool last, so I have no one else but myself to blame for not being able to find it. I seem to generate my own pissed off episodes without any outside influence. I think I have a case of A.A.D.D too...That makes it that much worse...lol. Just like a big ass snowball.

18. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

What I recommend is getting yourself a few pairs of drumsticks, a drum practice pad (less than $20) and start wailing away on the pad with the sticks. Works good for me. But as mad as you sound like you get, you'd probably start breaking sticks right and left. So much the better! :D

19. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

Read the Bible , Start with John .

20. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

Bible will help after you get into it and understand the rules of life and everything about it has been written.

But you should see a regular doctor, it's not uncommon and usually do to anxeity. Life will be much better after you see on.

My advice in a nutshell? Take a pill! Sorry I only have an IH brand. :D

IH-pill.jpg