Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate this!!! My least favorite thing in the world.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4dreamer, Mar 6, 2003.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

My Dogs got Fleas. Stupid Florida is infested with these damn things. They are impossible to get rid of because as soon as you take the dogs out, they get 'em again. What's the best way to get rid of fleas that you guys know of?

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I use "frontline" on my dog and 2 cats. They never have fleas. You have to get it from a vet or I think there is a place online you can order it from. A few drops on the back of the neck and no fleas for a month.

The stuff kills the fleas they have then kills any that might jump on them. It rocks!

3. 4x4dreamer

I'll have to give it a shot. It's kind of embarassing that I have this problem, but the buggers get in the house and then we can't get rid of 'em. I'll try it.

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

within a week or two any that are in the house will die too. As soon as they hop on the dog they're done.

5. 4x4dreamer

I may be hitting the vet tonight. I'm anxious to get this over with.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Sentinel...makes ticks and fleas sterile...I like torturing my pests before they die. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

We use Advantage or something like that. It got to the point where we were waking up at 4 am to comb the dog because she was scratching so much. That stuff killed em all and she doesn't have any now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

My wife is a vet asst. at a local animal hospital. She uses either Frontline or Advantage on our dogs. They are both good products. They haven't had any fleas that I can remember. They are in many places where they could be exposed to them all the time. Also, buy a cedar bed for the dog. The no-see-ums HATE cedar. She also gives them all their shots and stuff. When they see her with the needle, they come running to me for saftey!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Don't forget to "bomb" the house with a flea bomb. Just set it off before you go to work. You can buy a can or two at your local Walmart or whatever. I use the Hartz brand flea liquid stuff you put on the animals neck. Wallyworld has that too and it's the cheapest around.

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

move to vegas, too dry for fleas or ticks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I don't know about that..some of the peeps I've seen in Vegas are worse than fleas and ticks! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Gotta love Studio 54 in MGM though! Had me one HELLUVA good time there!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 4x4dreamer

Agreed. When I lived in Albuquerque, I NEVER had fleas on my dogs. I used to take my mutt hiking in the sand and mountains...NOTHING. Move to Florida, she gets fleas all over the place. I HATE Florida.