Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate those dam dogs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jan 14, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Here's the deal, this is the first time I've had to live in the city to speak of and the neighbors dogs are pissin me off. The guy's got 6 of them over there, all different ages of the same type dog. So my guess is that he's breeding them and keeping one or two per litter. I've lived here 6 months with probably a year to go, and I'm tired of this already. They bark, whine, growl, howl, get in fights with each other, and are just generally noisy as hell all the time. The big problem with this is that their yard is about 15 feet from my bedroom window and they wake my wife and I up all night long. I'm not real keen on discussing this with him since he might take retalliation on my dog which btw doesn't bark at all, ever. He growls about once a month though. [​IMG]. So if I do something by official channels, do I do a police disturbance report, or spca type thing? Anyone here have a problem like this one that got resolved? It makes me mad that the guy has so little respect that he hasn't ever made a move to do something about it. He must know it's a problem unless he's deaf, and that's clearly not the case.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> We have the same problem, but there's only one dog barking all the time ! I can't find my bb gun either !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Call the SPCA first and see what they say.... don't bring the cops in unless you have too.... because if you file a report then he'll know for sure it's you. Least with the SPCA he won't know for sure it's you.... if they can't help then they usually can refer you to who can.... good luck!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Stop Global Whining
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Ya got any old anti-freeze laying around ???????

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Call animal control. There is prolly a law as to how many animals you can have before registering as an animal shelter. Usually it's like 4. it's also illegal to cause noise at anytime of the day...especially night. So, I'd just keep calling animal control. Eventually they'll get tired of going out there and start handing out tickets to him. After a while, that guy will shut them up or get rid of them.

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

good idea...i'll call the pound...his yard is pretty small. Ours is the same size and we're hesitant to get another dog for shiner to play with for fear it'll be not enough room.

And nope, no antifreeze. That's not even funny. Rock salt works wonders though in the country. But that shotgun blast probably wakes up more folks than the barking, ya think?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I was only joking about the antifreeze ........ call authorities !

L8r,

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Yes! Call the authorities! Tell them Riz is feeding antifreeze to animals!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Lara beat me to it - good job girl! We had (HAD) the same problem and that is exactly how we handled it. We'd call animal control - give them the address - and let them do their job. These (censored) people got the message real quick. Since we have a noise ordinance here, as well as a barking dog ordinance - it was real easy to convince these (censored) to muzzle those currs! The law here states that after five minutes of barking, the cops can be called! I guess I wasn't the only one calling!! Hee Hee !!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i'll get on that angle then. I suppose I can make time to call and then watch the action tonight!

Sherman, Tx

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't have a good suggestion, but I feel your pain! Our neighbors have a nasty beast-dog bred in the depths of hell... I just want to take a moment of your post, laketex, to thank everyone for thier suggestions, especially the antifreeze (oops, did I spill that?)...

I have vowed that when we get in a house and get a pet for the kids, it will be a well tempered, quiet, easy to love pet; a fish! Or a retriever or great Dane, something not aggressive looking or irritating sounding!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

12. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

We had one dog down the alley that was freakin ridiculous. all night long. not as a cliche, but literally, ALL NIGHT LONG.
    i figured out which house it lived at, did a driveby to ascertain the address.
    i mailed a letter that i worded to appear to be from a coalition of neighbors. we informed the owners that they were in violation of several county and city ordinances, which i then listed.
    i made them aware that we wished no ill-will, we just wanted peace and quiet.
    after i mailed the letter, i called the police as soon as the dog started barking. i told them vaguely which house it was, and that i was just a concerned citizen.
    coulda been coincience, but the dog isn't an issue anymore.

btw, i really did take the time to find out which codes the dog was violating.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

13. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Lt if that dosen't work, try the approach I used, animal control is hestitate around here to site for barking, but if the dogs are on the street unleashed its to the pound, and a $50 fine. Now I'm sure that there is a gate SOMEWHERE and it would be a shame if the gate where left open by some unknown and uncaring person[​IMG]...and get the catcher to come by. I did that 3 times to a neighbor who backs up to our home, after the 3rd time no more dog.[​IMG]

Its tough when you've lived in the country and well to put it bluntly stray or noisy dogs are expendable, been there and done that and all my neighbors as well...it's just a different life out there. If my dogs got loose and invaded my neighbors land I expected him to shot at or in the dogs, and I would do the same to strays also. And usally the strays were up to no good. But now I'm in the civilized suburbs I have to put up with my neighbors dog whizzing on my boots, crapping in my yard and running my fence line making my dogs go nutz[​IMG]..I drew the line when my neighbors cats started spraying inside my K-5...I got a live trap and caught them, took 'em to the pound.[​IMG][​IMG]

L8R
    White Knight