Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate tourists

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, May 29, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Seriously. I've never seen so many people on our island. Ever. I hate Memorial Day weekend. It's freaking 2:30am and I just got off work. I went in at 2pm.

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them? Cliche, I know, but so god damn true.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I call them Tourons (tourist/morons). They are out in force around here right now with their motorhomes that only seem to be able to reach a top speed of 15 mph. I have to prepare Myself for this years new crop of idiots who always ask if you can really drive thru the drive thru tree :rolleyes:

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have too deal with them all summer. That's what I get for living in a tourerist (Tourist/Terrorist) hot spot. Mt. Rushmore, The Black Hills, Deadwood, Crazyhorse, ...ect., not too mention Sturgis.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

My Sis lives up in Estes Park, they hate Tourist season bad enough to plan on moving.

The only bit I hate is following those big old motorhomes up a single lane highway in the mountains at 15mph.

I'm sure anywhere a person goes there's always a local who hates it.

5. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

At least you don't live in Pensacola.... Memorial Weekend is a huge gathering of gay-homo-faggots at the beach here. Something about gay pride, or something like that.

Go figure, a gay pride event in a town that wouldn't exist if it weren't for the military here.... Odd.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have the same problem here in Washington,only they're from Cali and they never go back home.... :D

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, we're packed with mountain bikers, don't even think about going wheeling, some hippie will just give you attitude for using "their" trails. Gee thanks for letting me "borrow" that trail 5 miles from my house while your at home in Boulder for the rest of the year.

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Hmm, I just left there. Went to the local barber to get a haircut before I left too. Good hearing some real small town talk. They didn't seem too bothered by the tourists as much as people moving into town and some dude wanting to change the town's name and make a bus system in town. How would buses help when main street is 3 blocks long?

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

10. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

know all about it. there was a flood here from an above ground lake busting. took out the whole tourist attraction park. i hated that place. now they come here to find out its gone and they're like what do we do now. i used to mess with em all the time when they'd ask for directions. give em the long way around.
    now i think about the jackasses that gave me different directions going to NY and Florida for work. sucked. i don't do that anymore

11. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Let these threads die! Are you just looking through old Z3PR posts and posting in the same threads?:haha:

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Holy old thread!

Reminds me why I moved to Wilmington..

13. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

i never even noticed it was from 2 years ago *whew* right over my head

14. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn Californian's...

15. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

We get snow birds out here and for some reason I can't find my tags for snow bird season.

16. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Damn Zombies! You just cant keep them in the ground.
    But
    Unlike Zombies......... like it or not... Everyone is a tourist sooner or later.:D

Some more wide eyed than others.

17. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

We have one way in and one way out of Key West, US-1. Most of the time it is a 2 lane highway with a 45mph speed limit, and some 90 year old man in a huge RV towing a PT cruiser going 35.

Then when you actually get to the island you gotta deal with numb nuts on mopeds and those stupid little electric tourist mobiles going 20mph in a 35. Assholes.

18. dlm1984

dlm1984 Registered Member

Try living in Lancaster County. There are horse & buggies, farm tractors, scooters, bicycles and so on on the roads, and the tourists can't seem to figure out that you can pass them at any time. :mad:

Then they decide that they want to take a picture of the fields and stop in the middle of the road. They also think that anyone driving a horse and buggy is Amish, even though other conservative groups drive them as well - including the Joe Wenger's, the Piker's, the 49er's, and several other groups.

I've already been asked if I'm Amish (while prounouncing it like the letter 'A', rather than the correct "ah" sound). :doah: :haha: No . . . although I am part of the Mennonite church.

Ignorance of local culture knows no bounds it seems - I'd probably be lost in other places. It just gets SO annoying when it's other people ignorance!