Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have a 241 t-case in my 85K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Sep 26, 2003.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Today I went to the wrecking yard and I saw a 241, I recognized it and took a peek at mine again in my 85K5, they looked exactly the same. I scraped off the crap on the tag and sure nuff' it said 241C 272ratio. I couldn't believe it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif the head boneyard guy looked too and said " yep, that s a 241" I bought my truck stock as a rock from someone that bought it from the forest service(that is why it's green) and just figured it was a 208 and not ever seeing a 208 or 241 before I didn't know. Is this a swap done before I had it or did gov. vehicles get 241's before 89'?

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

It's probably been swapped. But its for the better, the 241 is a better t-case than the 208.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm really glad about it because I would be pushing the limit on a 208 and now I should be ok with the 241. I wonder why It was swapped in. Maybe the forest service broke the 208 or something but I find that hard to believe with 31's though.