Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have a 78 Jimmy, was wondering...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NightRider, Aug 13, 2002.

1. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

If / how much it would cost to have custom doors made that could be removed. I'm not a mechanic or anything. I know some, not a lot about cars and such. I dont even know if its possible for doors to be custom fit to this kind of car that you can remove. Thanks for replys in advance.

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Oh!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Its possible. You just have to find the right person with the right skills and creativity for the amount of improvising that would be involved. But lots have done it with Scouts, so if you have a welder and some cutting utensile you should be able to come up with something in no time.

3. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

welcome to the board, what kind of doors are you looking for? tubular, or possibly something like a jeep soft door with a removeable window?
    i've seen members on here with both, and i do believe a few are/were? making the tubular doors to sell if you're interested...
    sorry dont rememeber who was making the really nice tube doors, i'm pretty sure it was 2 members working together though....
    and i also remember someone said that they put pins in the hinge so all they had to do was pull one pin per door and go!

oh and fill in your profile so we know where you are and what you're driving...

4. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

was mainly looking for something, pretty much like a wrangler / CJ, where I can take the doors off or put the doors on...w/o too much trouble. Some kind of safari(sp?) doors would be nice too. I use this truck for everyday driving as well as off road. Thanks for info, and if anyone knows someone that does this kinda work please let me know.