Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Have A Great Idea For Fun

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Let's make Stave watch "A Clockwork Orange" and try and field all the questions

(It's on Cinemax right now)

2. Resurrection_Joe

NOW I know why Can Can spouting "Brother" wierds me out

"Oh sweet rapture and glorious emtion my brothers, I can not tell you, the visions that appeared before me"

3. Resurrection_Joe

A Clockwork Orange somehow magically got pre empted by soccer coverage.....

My wish for ghosts is coming true

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

That was a wierd Kubrick film.

Watched "Dr. StrangeLove" by Kubrick last weekend. Awesome!!!!!!:D

A must see for all you juniors out there. Slim Pickins rocks.

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

And a VERY young -- and skinny! -- James Earl Jones.

And Peter Sellers being ... weird.

-- A

6. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Seems I don't remember James Earl Jones in any film after Dr. StrangeLove until Starwars.:confused:

Sellers at his best...crazy, looney..facist..."Sieg Heil!":haha:

7. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Dr. Stange Love... haha I haven't seen that in a long time. I did find this the other day and made me laugh. its my new desktop.

Btw, RJ, do you like to spell his name stAve on purpose? lol :grin:

3.0.jpg

8. Resurrection_Joe

Well that's the thing

I use characters names and thier inspirations names interchangeably when they are solidly defined. This got me kicked out of school.

I'm not really Resurrection Joe I inspire him entirely more heavily than the other characters are inspired by thier influences. In fact, barring Stave, any character who has a lot of exposure in the book will generally be made up. Legal things being what they are. Stave isn't really Steve anyway. Just the innocences. Ok, let's..... BREAK IT DOWN

Unit Seven Autology (Autology Time Period Only) Character Breakdown

Resurrection Joe:

95% me. RJ is more ethical and industrious than me. He has that demi god thing going for him too.

Stave:

Only Steve's innocense is really captured in the Character Stave. Stave is a low level monkey demon vamire zombie god with skinny limbs, no shirt, and a childlike disposition. Stave came about with a bad end to Resurrection Joe putting his left hand into the creationism that made him who he is. So unless Steve starts working out, growing his hair, and tanning hardcore, the only thing Stave has is his charming personality.

Oni:

Complete fabrication of my idea girl friend of the American mix race. For my ideal Japanese girlfriend, check the prequel.

Samhain:

Everyone needs a giant (95") robot to act as a humiliation to human struggle.

Can Can (And Crew):

Can Can, Small Girl 001, Tall Girl 001, and Wife (Wife is her name). The Unangst family. Such sweet people. Wife runs business, Can Can roams the desert fixing the old mainlines (he's nuts) and the two girls sell mexican food ont he side of the road with thier pony (making up a name for it as I type) Faust. A set of recurring bit characters needed to supply perspective and greasy burritos. From Leafland (RJ named Canada that after he singlehandedly saved the entire country from a big moose, at least that's what HE says)

Akuma Shaggu:

Bookshop wanker. Carries work leather breifcases with guns in them. Thinks he's cool and hip, thinks he's not, works out well. Dresses 1940's. Drinks 1860's. Shoots 2070. Based on Evan Sanders, who steals cheese from Pizza Hut coolers.

Sunray:

Wierd almost texas PAT/RIOT from Unit 001. Drives an even wierder boxy cop car and ranches sheep at a dusty ranch. Drives fast, wears black marichi suits with bright purple shirts. Skull bolo tie and belt buckle. Permanent aviator sunglasses. Wicked crotch itch. Penchant for longwinded glory stories. Based on BRB. Seen little, driving very fast and like an idiot in the background.

That's it for now.