Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have a great ideal!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Jan 2, 2006.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

My K-5 needs some work done, i.e. tranny rebuild, suspension work, axle work, brakes....etc...and it will be a loooong time before i am able to fix it myself...

So I think that everyone should gather up their spare parts they have laying around their garage, and all come over here and we could have a big "fix-it" party...:D :hack: :weld: :grind: :1zhelp:

Then in another month or two (gotta have time to collect spare parts again) we could all head over to someone elses place and have a "fix-it" party for them!:wink1:

Well at least I think its a great ideal:waytogo: :whistle: :thumb:

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Who is that in your avatar? And who pays for my gas for me to drive out there to help you? :ears:

3. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

That is a friend, and on the gas...well you do it out of the kindness of your heart. Knowing that some fellow ck5'ers are down and out, and knowing that a good deed deserves another..kinda of a "pay it forward" deal, I don't have many spare parts laying around but i do have a nice quadrajet, and a few emission pieces and a few interior parts, that i would bring to the next "fix-it" party :D... But hey gas is somewhat cheep here, so thats a plus!

and as your sig says:

NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF A BROTHERHOOD

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Well, you are about 1900 miles from me, so for about $245 in gas I'll be able to drive out and back. I'll let you know when I leave...

I asked about the avatar because she looks familiar, have you posted pics of her before?

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

well obvisiously if you lived that far away from someone, you wouldn't make it to this "fix-it" party...you would go to one near you:wink1:

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Here and there is too far for me to drive:haha: ;)

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Living on base here in the dorms, my friends and I do something similar about once or twice a month. It's nothing really arranged, just happen to see some guy working on his truck and we all grab our tools and walk over to help him.

Last two "fix-it" parties we had we swapped a 454 into a 1500 C-truck, and removed the front driveshaft from a ford ranger so a guy could drive it back to texas.

Silly ford used red loctite on the u-joint straps, I broke 3 T-27's on that thing.

8. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i think if you can guarantee that avatar girl and her friends will be there to help in bikini's then you get more response.

gotta give us some incentive.:wink1: lol

9. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

and no, I am not bringing one of my two extra D60's.................lol

10. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Awe, come on! :wink1: ..i'll be more than glad to let you take my d44 back home with you..:thumb: