Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have a tailgate window crank Q?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudfanatic, Sep 15, 2000.

1. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I just received my second window crank from LMC and since it was in much nicer shape than the last one I started looking to see how it goes on the rig, I still have to wait on Paddock Parts for the lock cylinder so I was just fitting pieces together.
    The window crank won't connect to the regulator, it seems to me that there should be a piece that goes on the back of the crank to fit around the regulator (+) that is as well as I can describe it, you know where you can grab the regulator with a pair of vice grips and lower the rear window. Does anybody know the name of the item I'm looking for? can you tell me where to find it? does anyone have one laying around? Am I just nuts and am I missing somthing obvious and easy to connect?
    <font color=red>confused</font color=red>
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Mud, I've had mine apart, but I don't remember for sure. I think mine has some type of coupler from the crank to the regulator. I'll do some lookin' and see if I can determine what it takes.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I found out today that there is a coupler, it's called a regulator clutch, the chevy dealer has one for $24, LMC doesn't carry it, niether does Paddock Parts. If nobody here has an extra one laying around with the connecting hardware I'll probably buy the one at the local dealer.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>