Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have ? about the k5 I just bought

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigMan, Feb 5, 2001.

1. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

I just bought an 85 k5. Could someone tell me what the stock bolt pattern on these wheels is? It needs new tires and wheels bad (has the old flipper firestones on it) I have a few different rims in my garage from my jeeps but don't know if they are the same and I havn't brought the truck home yet.

Thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Your K5 will have a 6 bolt pattern, I think all the Jeeps have a small 5 bolt pattern. I think the Toyota's share the same pattern as the Chevy's.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

6x5.5

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

4. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

Ya that's what I thought. Just was hoping it's be a 5 on 5.5 becuse I have a ton of those rims around. I figured with tiny 10 bolt axle in it that it would only be a 5 bolt pattern.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Nope, that is only the 2wd applications and fullsize 2wd vans and p/u's....

Sorry!.. :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

6. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

It has the 6 bolt pattern, same as a toyota

Bill Innes
    88' Jimmy

Built for <font color=blue>Function</font color=blue> <font color=red>NOT</font color=red> <font color=blue>Fashion</font color=blue>

7. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

How hard is it to change a 12 bolt axle with a 5 lug pattern to the 6 bolt on the K5 (has a 10 bolt rear in it now).

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

8. KENBARBOUR

KENBARBOUR Registered Member

To convert a 2wd 12 bolt you only need 6 lug axles and 6 lug drums off of a 12 bolt. Also the 4wd versions usually have bigger brakes so you might need to use the backing plates, shoes and hardware off of the 4wd 12 bolt unless the 2wd was a hd version.

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Where are you located and what kind of rims due you have...any you may want ot trade for some that will fit your K-5?

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

10. BigMan

BigMan Registered Member

I don't really have any nice ones anymore. I just sold my nice jeep with the good rims on it. I'v got some stock 5x8's and some kinda beat up rock crawler steels in 15x10. I have one nice set of chrome jeep wheels but they are on my other jeep. I was hoping they would fit since I blew the motor last month in it. I do have a nicer set of chevy rims on my wifes truck but she probably wouldn't like to find her truck on blocks when she goes to work.