Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have been driving a Ford....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Aug 22, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

..... and I like it. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif It's a 2002 F150 4 door with a Triton V8. I rented it to haul some stuff (sofas and bed) around in the bed and pick up some things (like my new tires). I actually found it be very nice and a well built truck. For off roading I'd never use it like I will my Blazer. But for around town moving stuff and even tearing it up on the back roads to the dump it was nice. My friend said I must be sick... I must be... because if I were to ever buy a new truck I'd be looking at this sucker for sure...

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

oh the dark side
    did you open the hood?
    the motor is half under the dash, new junk

3. ChevyCaGal

No, I didn't.... I am taking it back in the morning... just liked the fact it ran without over heating more then anything. Since both my vehicles do that almost daily now. The bed was a nice thing too. One thing about the Blazer I don't like is I can't load it up with crap and make dump runs... it sits up higher I noticed. I pulled up by a Silverado and was like dang! The darkside was nice... and that's what scared me..... I was considering buying a newer truck for a DD!

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

new is just so much money these days.
    I like these old rides that I know every inch of.
    the wiring alone in the new stuff is insane

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

No your not sick at all. I rented one as well to haul the new couch when I didnt have my truck done at the time. It was a 2002 with the triton v8. It wasnt a 4 door just a cab with a flat bed on back. I Loved it too. I loved the way it sounded and the power was awsome. I agree they are cool /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You know.. I thought the same thing a while back. I had rented a Furd to move some things and thought it was really nice. But then I went and test drove a new silverado of the same configuration. The Chevy won hands down in my book. More comfort and more power.
    I was seriously looking at a Ford until I drove the Chevy. ANd I went into the whole thing with an open mind.

Just my .02,
    John

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Actually my new truck is incredibly simple. Granted, it's more complicated than my blazer, but those diesels haven't changed a whole lot in the past few years...

Steph, congrats on breaking out of the box. Everyone here is OLD GM, OLD GM, OLD GM to a fault. I like whatever works and if that's a dodge, chevy, ford, sami, or toyota, it's cool. I just got rid of a ford to buy a dodge. But I've still got the chevy rig and car.

8. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Have you driven a new Chevy?

Ken H.

9. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah brother has an extended cab with the side doors that open, even with 35 bfg muds it rides like a car, the first time i rode in it for a couple of hours my only comment was, wow, its work to drive my truck for 3 hours, this is really nice...
    but yeah off roading i'm sure its not as nice, but his is 100% on road so it perfect for him...

but on the same note, i road in a 2002 silverado and thought the same

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I have the opportunity to drive just about everything thats out there. I really don't think there is a bad 1/2 truck, they are all pretty dawg-awn nice rides.

With that said,
    I think the Silverado feels a little better off the line. Little more low-end grunt and the ride and drive is more refined then the others. A perfect truck for long trips.

Passsing gear on the Fords feels better to me than the Chev, they also seem to ride a bit higher. The suspension feels a-bit stiffer, more sporty-like.

Dodge? - well Dodge is just Dodge, they're like the middle child of the automotive truck market. They don't really shine, but they're not at-all bad either, Just.. Dodge.
    (allthough I haven't driven the new Dodge yet tho', I'd like to see what the new "Hemi" is all about)

The heavy hitters on the other-hand, thats a different story all-togather.

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Newer Furds are pretty nice... I drive a 2001 E350 van at work... very nice, but I don't get to drive it enough /forums/images/icons/frown.gif:(

12. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

Put about 9000 pds on a trailor and pull it with the new 8.0 liter chevy. I will throw rocks at a power stroke and a cummins now. Friend of mine has a v-10 Dodge and that was the closest to pulling with us that we found. I just wish that it was mine and did not belong to my partners father in law.

13. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Newer Furds are pretty nice

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep..gonna have to agree. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. ChevyCaGal

Yeah... can't say I was very impressed with the newer Chevy truck I drove. It was nice and a great truck, but the Ford was just well, it kicked it's butt. I drove both on a county road by the dump, rocks and gravel. I was doing 45 in the Ford and it was holding a line and great. The Chevy was sliding everywhere at 35. The steering all around was better. Yeah the Chevy had a bit more guts when on the gas and the seats were a bit softer, but it wasn't as nice all around. But anyhow.... I won't be buying a new truck, but if I ever did I will probably go Ford. Oh yeah, Dodge sucks! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Sorry after owning 3 Dodge products I hate them as far as customer service. Maybe they trucks they make are the best, but not having to deal with customer service alone is worth to buy anything else.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'll take you up on that bet. Bet my truck can outpull it and get 7mpg better to boot. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have you drivin over a furd lately ???

17. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

a new superduty PS with a 6spd is way too much fun!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

18. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Now Laketex you just happen to be close enough that I can have a little talk with Mr. Greims (its not my truck) and it just so happens that we have a couple of trailers just about the same weight, we might be able to skin'em back and just see. We are talking my kinda language now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif