Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have destroyed my Detroit Locker..........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mr. Infinity, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Mr. Infinity

Mr. Infinity Registered Member

Has anybody else here done this? I have heard that tractech sucks to deal with(I have a call in to them). Does anybody know how much internal parts are and where to purchase them?
    I need both side gears, the middle piece and the rings( I don't know what the technical names are).

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Put it in a box with a long letter about how dissapointed you are that it failed. NO phone number. Ship it with attention President. Worked for Robzilla twice on a EZlocker and the second time it broke they sent back a full case Detroit.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

what type of axle? what were you doing?

4. Mr. Infinity

It looks like I will have to give that a try, because from calling around you can't buy the interanls to fix it, and if you could they are about 75% of the cost of the whole detroit. The a$$hole at customer service hasn't called me back yet, if I haven't heard from him by tomorrow I think I will choose the executive option on their phone system and complain.
    When Rodzilla sent the letter in did he address it to the president by name or just to the President of tractech?

5. Mr. Infinity

It is my Dana 60 front end. A couple weeks ago I had a situation where my right foot was heavier than it should have been. At first I thought I just broke a stub shaft, But upon further inspection it was both stub shafts, and both spindles. I had to cut the spindle nuts off with a cold chisle, grind the end off of one spindle, the other side came off a little easier because the outer bearing was busted. This weekend I finished tearing everything down to clean it all up to rebuild it with 35 spline stubs. That is when I found the metal from the detroit's internal gears. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Anybody want to donate to a good charity???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I busted one in a 14ff. It was a used axel and I have no idea how old it was. It was cheaper to buy a new one!

7. Mr. Infinity

Do you still have what is left of the locker for the 14bolt?