Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have proof that the media lies!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jul 6, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[​IMG]

I just scanned that. I woke up this mrning to the news radio, hearing Kerry picked Edwards as his running mate. Then I get to the train station and see The Post calling it to be Gephardt. I see this front page all over the place in my walk to work and lunch, and figure it MUST have been a mistake on the radio this morning, since the Post would have put out the afternoon edition early to get the embarassing Gephardt ones off the shelf.

But nope. Print was wrong, radio was right. I think. They might all be using the wrong source and the Post may actually be right. Wait, the Post is left. Ah, nevermind.

Just like the media calling Gore the winner in the 2000 elections before the booths were closed, causing countless voters to turn around and go back home without voting, the damn paper does it again. Of course, it's not as influential and irrepairable in this particular case, but the fact remains, these bungholes will keep printing news that's not news cause they think it MIGHT be true. Nothing learned from the mess they made of 2000 (and every year for that matter).

If I were president, I would draw legislation to mandate HUGE fines for anything in declared in the media that's determined to be unfounded and not based on fact. Theories and editorials are fine, but declarations like this front page should make this paper an information source no more. When it comes to guiding the sheeple, I think we should be ruthless, the Post should get 1 more warning, and the next one of these they pull, shut down.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You know even with all the things to hate about Kerry, he really really really is an ugly wanker.

Anyway, thanks for the info

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Am I the only one that gets kinda freaked out by that pic of Kerry and Gephardt? It looks like they're about to share a big wet man-kiss. *shivers* /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Am I the only one that gets kinda freaked out by that pic of Kerry and Gephardt? It looks like they're about to share a big wet man-kiss. *shivers* /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I was thinkin the exact same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Bwahaha I was thinkin the same thing! Look at their eyes looking deep into eachothers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I wonder which one would be the "beetch" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Here's my PREDICTION, which is based in large part on my cynical views of our leaders. Bush will be the next president no matter how many votes Kerry gets. Then 4 years later Hillary Clinton will be on the ballot. I pray that she is not elected. Just in case some of you are curious about if I'm a Democrat or Republican... Neither! I don't belive that either party represents me or the Constitution. I say the best way to effect change in government is to clean house. Fire all incumbants and replace them with someone else if we did this fast and frequently maybe we could get some of the corruption to stop. At least the corperate world would have less power because they would have to keep buying new politicians. Eventually some of the new politicians are gonna blow the whistle, and make laws that put the American People back in charge of our government instead of the puppets who are pretending to represent us.

Oops Sorry I guess I got carried away.

<font color="green"> Later,
    Allan Greenblazer </font>

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I saw this on the news last night. The New York Post was trying to "scoop" everyone else and ended up being wrong /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

According to what I heard they are supposed to be printing a retraction today... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Hilarious! My wife is a journalist and we talk about how its better being late than wrong all the time. The NY Post doesnt agree however.....with them its better being early than correct (I was going to type right but we know they arent "right") /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Nice retraction today:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A bold-lettered front-page blunder by the New York Post has given new life to the city's tabloid wars.
    The Daily News gleefully chortled on Wednesday's front page about the embarrassing Tuesday "exclusive" by its fierce rival in naming Rep. Richard Gephardt rather than Sen. John Edwards as Democrat John Kerry's choice to be his running mate for the White House.

In the latest skirmish between the morning newspapers in their nearly century-old battle for the New York's blue-collar readership, the Daily News cover blared "KERRY'S REAL CHOICE," with a picture of Kerry and Edwards.

"N.C. Sen. John Edwards will be the Democratic veep candidate, and the Post is wrong again," added the Daily News, which is privately owned by publisher Mort Zuckerman.

To its credit, the Post, owned by News Corp., gave equal space to correcting Tuesday's page one error.

"KERRY'S CHOICE Dem picks Edwards as VP candidate (REALLY)" the Post front-page headline said. "Not Exclusive," it added.

Post Editor in Chief Col Allan apologized to readers in a statement on Tuesday and again in Wednesday's editions, calling it "Our Gaffe-hardt."

"We do hope you'll forgive the error -- it certainly was one for the record books," the Post said.

"Rest assured that generous helping of crow were eaten here yesterday -- and the leftovers will surely last a few more days," the Post said, adding that the gaffe amounted to "a chicken farm's worth of egg on our face

Nice, but I couldn't find a picture of it.

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Here it is:

[​IMG]

Pretty friggin funny!!

Good of them to retract like that, too bad they're getting trashed by the Times!

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

"Rest assured that generous helping of crow were eaten here yesterday -- and the leftovers will surely last a few more days," the Post said, adding that the gaffe amounted to "a chicken farm's worth of egg on our face"

????????

Guhhhhh the bad metaphors, making me................ sick..... gwahhhhhhh......