Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have respect fo VW now

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 21, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

My friend has a lil 73 baja bug that looked like a POS with primer paint, he got a new paintjob and it looks pimp today we took it offraod along w/ our trucks... HE JUMPED IT OFF A HILL!!! He literally got his front tires 1 ft in the air and his back tires like 4 in off the ground... he only has 50 hp lol manual tranny. But now i have repect for him... he is gunna crank his torsion bars and run 32" Swampers!!!!
    Right now he has 30" All terains! Crazy... I need to get a bigger lift and tires to compete with this guy now!!
    lol. thanks for lsitening =P

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.11 gears, Lim Slip Dif, Force2 Catback, rear springs , Throtle body spacer.

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yea those bajas are neat. I am going to build a sndrail when I get all my projects done. My buddy has a rail and kept up with us on a trail thats rated 3. He just used alot of throttle, and bounced off alot of rocks. It was amazing he could do it.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

Something to be said for being light!

4. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

vw beetles are awesome cars. You can mod them in so many different ways. They are awesome off road vehicles in baja courses and great at the dragstrip. Numerous body kits are available and tons of engine upgrades are possible. a love bug with fuel injection and a turbo is going to kick ass with about 300 hp. A slightly stroked engine and dual carbs can give you up to or more then 190 hp.

74 VW Beetle
    84 Pontiac Fiero
    87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo
    83 Honda Nighthawk 550

5. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

He can get 3" body lift for it. My 1970 beetle is totaly disassebled, but turns out about 200hp. She should be back on the road by next summer and turning out up 400hp; those Honda boys better beware.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650