Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have SIRIUS satillite radio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

All hooked up and activated !!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I like it, I like it alot. Mom gets too liston to her FOX NEWS, and I get too liston too everything else. :D This was one of my all time easiest installs. Mounted reciever box on the back of rear seat in trunk, plug CeNET cable into back of headunt and into reciever box, plug in antenna. Done with install. Activation was nothing but a few key strokes on the keyboard, and a credit card. The sound is clear as can be. If you don't have satillite radio yet, I recomend looking into it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Got it for the wifes Impala on our Aniversary . Love it too , and now I want it in the truck :D

Sony is making a unit now , to plug right in to my XM radio deck , so I can have Sirius 12/9/2005 in my Blazer , it will look just like yours but have my plug :bow:

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Need to do this before Stern moves.....Does your subscription cover all vehicles and house?

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I move my reciever into whatever car I am driving and it has a base in the house. I love it. I think my subscription ends in January.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I only have the one reciever in the car. It's a add on unit in the trunk that's controled by the headunit. [​IMG] [​IMG] Uses C-net cable too connect both units.

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Sirius is great. The Howard's channels are too funny already, even though he is not officially there...can't get enough. The music selection is killer too.

Have a unit in Honda that I remove and take into work with me. Also am in process of installing one in my 69 this weekend.

7. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Octane (sirius) 120 is great. Regular radio around here is mostly country.

8. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I'm not impressed with the sound quality of my Sirius. FM actually sounds better. I'm running a nice Kenwood head and Sat. reciever. Anyone else have this problem?

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not at all, mine sounds way better then FM.

10. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Did some more checking and found a few things

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7150262/

I just talked to someone with XM and he had poor quality too. I mean its not that bad, and still sounds decent but everytime I switch back to FM, or a CD, I'm like, WOW, this sounds much better. The lows are lower and high's are higher. And again, I'm using a $350 Kenwood head, with the standard Kenwood Satellite tuner that hooks up to it.

11. pauly383

Finally got a pic of the unit I am waiting for . They pushed it back until after CES . I may be able to get mine after Valentines day ( pre-ordered ) .

[​IMG]

12. 2Dogs

Did you get the FM inline modulator switch thingy?
    http://www.thesiriusstore.com/sirius-wired-modulator-relay-p-118.html

I am getting this for the car unit to see if that helps (cheaper than going to the Sony or similar units). I know it can be great because the system in the house is so much better than FM (I put the antenna on the roof with the cable extension/repeater).

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I think the poor quality problem either has something to do with the head unit, or the FM modulator unit broadcasting to FM, i have the Sirius FM modulator unit (use it at work in the big truck) and actually think it sucks very badly,lots of static and hissing sound just like a fading signal from FM, i won't use it in my Burb, sounds like sheot.

But i have the ACTUAL XM receiver unit,( yes i have both) hooked into my XM ready Pioneer head unit, and the sound from that is MUCH better than FM, it is the same as CD quality.

I do not even listen to broadcast radio anymore, too many commercials, and just over sheotty sound quality.

and when did Kenwood sign on with XM anyways?

14. pauly383

Our fm transmitting Sirius unit sounds fine ..... for what it is , a unit transmitting to an FM station that can only do 50-15,000 hz .

Remember , FM is 50-15,000 hz frequency response . With that being broadcast on FM , of course its not going to sound the best EVEN IF Sirius or XM were to broadcast the the full 20hzto20khz we can hear ( each sat channel is different ) .

No FM station on any radio , in the history of the world is ever going to go above 15,000hz or below 50hz EVER .

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My Clarion headunit is Sirius ready and with the Sirius unit I have (No FM signal) it sounds great.

16. pauly383

Thats why I pre-ordered the sir-sny1 , and I am daisy chaining my changer back into the mix ( until I get an mp3 cd changer ) :thumb:

17. 2Dogs

Z3PR and Pauly,
    Where are you getting your equipment? I want to go with Z3PR's favorite HU - DXZ945MP and the Sirius unit Pauly posted - do you still recommend both?

Thanks!

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The DXZ945MP is Sirius ready. You will need This unit and you'll be good too go. Everything will be controled by the DXZ945MP. No extra display unit on the dash. [​IMG]

19. 2Dogs

Where is the best place to get the 945?

Thanks!

20. 2Dogs