Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have the whole mountain to myself!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Halla Mountain, the highest mountain in Korea, has snow. About a foot. And like always, the "man" closes off the road to any vehicles without chains! That means no cars or trucks are allowed. Of course, as one approaches the "entrance," the man is telling everyone, no chain, no go mountain. Except of course to a 4x4 lifted Blazer with 33 inch snow tires! So, the man just waves us on through and we, a few buddies of mine who also have American made trucks, head for the hills! It's FUN spinning out when no cars are around! We're slip sliddin' all over the place for hours! Like a kid in a candy store!

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Pretty cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Any pics? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

hehehe...

my favorite thing to do when i was in the army in germany was to hit the wash rack in winter with my wrecker...big ole 5 ton that weighted in at more than 20 tons...get her into a high gear and just stomp the brakes...spin the wheel and learn how to drive in the snow and ice...fun..and a good way to learn...then we used to hooky bob behind the shop cucv all the way from the motor park to the motor pool...lot o fun.

Actually we took it a little too far and started using the P/B in our opel kadet to make turns...lol.

DW

4. Ben

Ben Registered Member

No pics this time; it was an unexpected treat. There will be other times!!!!

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

not tech, wron forum. good story, though