Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I have to leave the earth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 13, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

No... I'm not implying that I'm an alien going back to a home planet or something... though some may assume so.

But by my definition of earth as "ground"... I'm having to leave my two feet and anything with 4 wheels and get on a plane and fly to Ottawa, Canada. Come to think of it, I haven't been on a plane since I was about 5 or 6 years old. I'd rather stay on 4 wheels wherever I go... but a 40 hour drive isn't in our time budget.

Worst of all, I have to "dress up" and look all formal for my cousin's wedding once we get there. I don't like leaving the ground, and I don't like dressing up.

Oh well. So what's interesting to see in Ontario, Canada? Looks like our 8 hour flight is dropping us off at Toronto, and I'll be driving us for another 6 hours to Ottawa. Wish there was a more direct way that was within budget.

2. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I worked in Toronto for 2 months this summer...If you're not used to big cities (like me) then driving in Toronto will be he||!!! :1zhelp:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I love to fly - great time to take a nap.