Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hit a bus yesterday.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

But I was only goign about 5-10 MPH and the good ole wet pavemnt just wanted me to nail it. I slid about 10 yards and kinda tapped it. No kidding, the bus was a handicaped transport with 2 passangers. No one was hurt, no damage and only a minor set back of paper work since it was a city bus and etc.etc. The cops filed nothing since there was no damage but had to report it since there were passangers. Didnt even hurt my brushguard :)

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

oops.
    glad no one was hurt.
    slow down in the rain.
    [​IMG]

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Speaking of hitting something...does anyone else notice that cars just like are a magnet to your K5? Seems people are looking at this huge thing coming their way and just aim for it!! I have just about taken out 10 cars AT ONE FRICKEN INTERSECTION!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that would be the tree hugers diving those cars trying to take us out lol
    sorry to her about you and the bus glad no one was hurt and the k5 is ok :)

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

People see our sweet rides and start dreaming of having their own and then loose control and hit the gas!!! LOL

Actually, I think they see are larger than normal vehicles coming down the road and think we move slower and dont realize we are going faster than what it usually looks.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Must have been something about Sunday drivers.......had my wife, two girls in the K5 with utility trailer behind it on the way to cut down an Xmas tree, mind you it was 3:00 in the afternoon on a beautiful sunny day with my Blazer running with headlights on down Orient Drive (a rural two lane 50 mph road) when a lady in a tiny little import pulls right out in front of us.........had to swerve all the way over to the other lane (no one else in sight) and she barely missed me.........didn't even hit her brakes.......idiot. She has NO idea how close she came to losing her life........a three ton K5 with trailer doing 50 into her drivers side rice burner. Thank god no one was coming in the other lane or I would have had no chance to miss her.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

7. pregate

pregate Registered Member

bleh
    i got hit today
    pretty amusing, but also sad

a friend in an expedition cuts me off in a parking lot (leaving school its busy) i hit the breaks, but the guy behind me was going too fast and hit me

i barely felt it, mostly just heard it and realized it was me. so i get out and look, "oh [censored]" its my friends PERFECTLY RESTORED 68 Camaro SS..

headlight smashed, grill smashed, bumper smashed, hood scraped dented and wont close, and worst, the entire left front fender was extremely kinked in. i look at my blazer.
    uhh.. i see some paint chips on my bumper.. look back at his, laugh, look at mine, wipe off the paint chips.. my hitch got a little scratch from his bumper, thats it.

his car has been in the shop for the past 5 years getting restored.. his dad is going to kill him.
    and in texas its automatically your fault if you rearend someone.

so i got to drive away as if nothing happened, he had to take some speaker wire and tie his hood closed, get chewed out by his dad, laughed at by about 50 guys in the parking lot, and probably more than a grand in repairs

now my girlfriend loves my blazer :)

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8