Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hope 2004 is better than 2003.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Jan 2, 2004.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

What a crappy year. (Well the last 3 months anyhow). Here are some of the highlights..............

9/24/03 Wife and I seperate because of problems.

10/1/03 Wife and I get back together and try to solve problems.

10/2/03 11 year anniversary.

10/31/03 Involved in a shooting at work.

11/21/03 Wife serves me with divorce papers and I move out.

12/20/03 Crash my brand new patrol car in a 40mph head on.

12/31/03 Wife moves to Tulsa with my 2 children /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Can it get any worse??????? I should keep my mouth shut because there is always someone that has it worse than me.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Dang man, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I too am glad 04 is here.........

Jan - was 'asked' to fill in as Plant Manager in Chino, Ca (I live in Oregon) for 'a while' as our guy down there was called up to Iraq - couldn't say no if you know what I mean, turned out to be a 9 month weekly commute.

May - father died /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

August - broke right wrist badly..........surgery and 3 pins later it is together. Still went bowhunting with a cast on......... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

September - water line to house springs leak, need to dig up and replace 60' of supply line - can't do it with broken wrist, so had to pay plumber.

December 30 - furnace went out in house......... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Replaced it on the 31st with new one.........

There's more, not as drastic, but I am quite glad to see 03 go bye bye.

As they say, it's not what happens to ya, it's how you handle it. It's true. I look forward to a better year.

Keep a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity, and it can only get better.

Good luck bro......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Dang, dude, you sure go through patrol cars /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyway... hope things get better, ya got my number if you need anything, you know I call you enough /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good luck in 2004, Hope all goes well for you and Your problems get Resolved with good Results.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, it could get worse. you could have been shot at work. you could be dead, your blazer could be stolen, your kids could become ill, i can keep going but i think you get the point.
    i know im prolly a bit younger than you, but i have had a bad year in a few areas myself. getting divorced as well. i have it a bit easier as i dont have kids, nor do i have 11 years invested, only 3. im selling the house, moving back to cali /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and FINALY deploying soon. i have to get rid of my dog, wife took the cats. those were and are my kids.

the way i see it man is simple. EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING! happens for a reason. our job in life is to find the reasons for why certian things happen.

keep on trucking man. it WILL get better.
    belive me, im finding this out as well.
    Grant