Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hope its not the trans going

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

i was driving home this afternoon and i gave my truck a little gas going up a hill, as normal it kicked into overdrive, and then about 2 seconds later it seemed to kick in to super overdrive, the RPMs skyrocketed but the truck started to slow down, i took my foot of the gas and it kicked back into overdrive and that was it. Its never happened to me before and i dont know what it is. its an 89 with a 700r4 trans /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

im confused...going up a hill it dropped into 4th...and this is normal?

check the fluid, see if its got some metal parts in it or if it smells buirnt. check the trans filter. they're expensive for a 700 like $18 round here, but if its never been done, do it. after that look into the governor... there are lots of things

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

check that fuel filter, sounds stupid, but that was what was wrong with a guy i know's 91' blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    truck wont drive right unless the fuel is getting to the engine to make it run right.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I think you're saying it backwards. Overdrive will have the lowest engine rpm. When you started up the hill it shifted out of overdrive (into 3rd gear).