Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hope the coast guard really breaks their chops...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 29, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

This is a friggin con on America:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/4/28/170632.shtml

I really hope the costs of running the ship are too prohibitive...

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Of course the coast guard (and American Taxpayers) will be responsible to help them when a storm comes or someone has a medical emergency.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Why do they have too be off the coast of this country ?? Let them drop anchor out in the middle of the ocean, or better yet, in the triangle.

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I wish someone would teach these foreigners some self-respect. Why do they accept such crap pay for these and other jobs when they could be making so much more?

5. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Reason's like this are why I'm glad I work a trade like repairing cars. You can't outsource that.

Personally I wouldn't hate the people who got the idea. It is kinda smart. The ones I hate are the companies that are going to use this service and drive our country right into the ground.

I think I'm going to start boycotting companies that outsource to other countries.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I have an idea that if you were to start looking into how many companies are outsourcing you'd become pretty damned depressed. I know I would.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah it's pretty ingenius, but quite blatently thumbing your nose (not you, them) at American jobs, the tax system, cheap labor, etc. I'm sure it's not a new idea, it just required someone unscrupulous, unethical, and with 'nads big enough to think the gov won't attempt to do something about it to make it happen.
    It's obviously circumventing the law, and they're doing it for the sole purpose of circumventing the law. If not, they could create a campus for these workers in america and comply with the law, or leave them in their country and outsource in compliance with the law.

Instead, they'll take our money, take some more jobs, use the benefits and resources we have to offer on our land (it's not hard to guess there will probably be boats to and from the ship on a regular basis for entertainment, etc.), and leave crap (literally) they don't want here.

This ticks me off way more than regular outsourcing does, this is a blatent F.U., but gimme more money, to america. I

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Leave it to greed..

It figures that only an american company would go to such lengths to avoid paying a decent wage to americans...like companies that set up shop in bermuda or other places to avoid taxes,while they make millions...

I kinda like the idea of putting them in ships though,rather than creating more ghetto's inland....a few "mistakes" during submarine torpedo training,and whoops!--sorry,didnt mean to sink your ship! :crazy:

I saw plans to build huge "floating cities" in a popular mechanics magazine,that holds 500,000 people!--they claim we will be running out of land in the near future,and that will be the only place to put us all...I cant swim,so I hope I never have to live on the ocean...A houseboat is cool though--no property or house taxes... :grin:

9. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Companies everywhere are outsourcing if that is what to call it. You cannot blame the people coming because it is so bad where they are at and our cheap wage is alot more than thier great ones. Blame the government, business owners and the ones supporting them by shopping at these places.I have thought about writing a letter to the naacp because they would be a great group to lead a boycott and get the message out about who to not do business with that partakes in these practices. Any idea of other groups to ask about leading a movement like this? Come on I know some have real sensible ideas about how to do this. But if a group like this put out a list of companies that gave thier peoples jobs (americans) to foriegners for everyone not to shop at or buy products of things might start to change because of the companies not wanting to be on the list. :dunno:

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i think they'll board the boat the seconed it crosses from international water and make it hard for them full safety/contraband chack, medacal cheak, and then tax them for the workers if the can.

11. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You can't outsource that, but an illegal with a toolbox that's just looking for any kind of work that accepts $8 an hour sure does bring down our pay. Just saw an ad offering $11 for diesel mechanics that HAVE TO HAVE THEIR OWN TOOLS? How the hell can you buy all the heavy tools and live with $11 an hour? *Vomit*