Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hope this hasn't been asked before...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 22, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I hope this hasn\'t been asked before...

Where can I find a th400/np205 combo? And what # of splines did they come with, and are they upgradable to stronger, bigger ones. I hope I made sense here, I'm not very intellegent with these automatics and 205's /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Thanks

Steve

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: I hope this hasn\'t been asked before...

A th400 would be a 32 spline unit with obviously the matching 205 being the same. It would be plenty stout for almost any rig IMHO.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there is no upgrade for a th400 version 205, you just can't get stronger. there were a few years that the 205 came behind the autos, not sure of the exact years but i think 73,74 and 80 are a few. you will need one from a 3/4 or 1 ton /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif as they didn't put a th400 in a 1/2 ton. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A th400 would be a 32 spline unit with obviously the matching 205 being the same. It would be plenty stout for almost any rig IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I was kind of thinking that but wasn't sure, because before I heard someone say that with that combo they're tough! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

ive got one and im not to far away 750$ /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif