Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hope this isn't true...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruthven13, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Kalifornia strikes again?

I hope this is just bs. Still, it wouldn't surprise me. :mad:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

****ing liberal bitches. Better rename Washington state and DC too.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I liek this line:

Reading the article, I'd say the next vote should be whether the city can secede the union. I'd vote for it...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Typical. Lets revise everything and make sure that we don't offend anyone. I am easily offended by the way.

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Lets just do that. Let's vote to remove Berkeley and surrounding area from the United States and see how well they fare without federal or state funding.

Of course they'll have to find some way to be rid of their garbage. The export taxes levied from the U.S. to Berkeley would have to be costly. They'd have to drill wells for water and I'm not entirely sure what the ground water is like round those parts. The list would be rather extensive.

I'm not proud of the slavery in our past but renaming a school dedicated to one of our founding fathers seems just a bit extreme.

K, I'm done now.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Jefferson is one of the greatest men in the history of mankind. This is a joke. Its hilarious when people on the one hand blame him for slavery and on the other dismiss his "all men are created equal" writing in the Declaration of Independance as if a man of that much genius didn't understand where that language would eventually lead (to a world without slavery). Slavery is bad, no doubt... but the guy prolly had less than a hundred slaves in his life and countless millions (billions?) have been positively affected by the system of government he helped create. Other than George Washington stepping down at the end of his presidency, Jefferson's Declaration is probably the greatest single contribution to the modern democratic republic and our way of life. **** the Lenin/Stalin/Mao/Pot/Sung worshipping commies on the left.

j

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I hate liberals. Sooo much.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Frelling liberals need too understand that slavery is part of our history. Right or wrong, it did happen, no changing the past. Seams like all the liberal POSMF can do is focus on the negitive.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's not enough that life is easy and sterilized currently, they want the entire past to be as bright as thier nowhere future

Try and erase the memory of WWII

Try and erase the prisoner tattoos of older Jews

People these days have no idea what good and evil truly is. They only know comfortable and uncomfortable.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm waiting for the day when people DO try to erase WWII and the Holocaust. Sometime after the last of those alive during it die off I expect. I can't stand people that want the past to be something other than it was. **** you, it happened, there is no changing something that happened. I can't change the fact that I just farted, or that I've done or said stupid things. All I can do is maybe apologize and move the hell on. He's dead, they can't get an apology, so they do the next best thing, pretend he never existed. When can I pretend the civil rights movement never happened?