Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hope this never sees the road, SCARY ford

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 18, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    I informed him of Zero Rates, in his quest for big lift in his SFA swap. He called all over trying to find drop frame mounts but hmm oddly no one makes them /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Well I told him stupidly, to take some 8" springs and cut down a thick overload spring bolt it on and have 9" of lift and be happy with it. So what does he do? He takes 6" F250 springs, takes stock F250 springs, torchs them down, and bolts them to the 6" springs. Then he bolts it all under his new SFA equipped F150. He has 4" worth of those damn things under there. Not to mention the stock TTB draglink going to the stock Dana 60 tierod. THe drag link would be bent but do to the massive block crap it doesn't contact the springs. Heaven forbid you just buy the big springs and spend the $150 on a steering arm!
    [​IMG]
    Standing next to it I'd say the hood is at 5'9", thats with the bald 30s on it, can't wait till he gets some 39.5s under there... /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif
    Sad to think this is in anyway my fault.
    [​IMG]
    Oh and by the way, apparently the frame on an F150 is wider than an F350 so the spring pads didn't line up with the springs... his solution? Weld some new pads beside the old ones. No sorry, weld some angle iron to the side of the old pad.... I can't see what he did as far as fixing the springs to the pumpkin side but I would not be surprised to see he welded to cast.
    [​IMG]
    When the stacked rear blocks are the least scary thing on a truck, its a sad sad day. I am afraid to know what he will be doing in the rear to make up the 5" lower its sitting now. Don't think I won't be discussing this with him before it ever moves. Oh and anyone thinking this should be sent to Scary Steering, I sent it there before here.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i wouldn't want to even stand next to that thing. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

your friend is an idiot. Whats he thinking? Noone on the planet could thik thats safe to drive.

Nick

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Slap that guy. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

And take away his Dana 60.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If the owner is a friend, you need to clue him in befor he kills himself in that. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

(blink)

(blink)

I'm no suspension expert, but I recognize wrong when I see it.

That is wrong, R-O-N-G-E wrong.

-- A

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is some pretty impressive fabrication/engineering there, I like the stacked overload springs, good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Nice truck! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

bahahahahahahaha! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Had you going there didn't I. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

That is one okie redneck mofo. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

9. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    That is some pretty impressive fabrication/engineering there, I like the stacked overload springs, good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Nice truck! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

bahahahahahahaha! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Had you going there didn't I. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

That is one okie redneck mofo. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Psshh, it has everything you like, huge lift, small tires, no cut fenders, chrome grill and hood...

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is that a moving shackle ont he front of the front spring? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]Psshh, it has everything you like, huge lift, small tires, no cut fenders, chrome grill and hood...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the biggest problem your friend has is that he did not chrome the cut springs...what the hell was he thinking.

13. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

thats the way ford are set up, shackle in the front /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

thats the kind of thinking right there that gets us guys that do it right a bad name. please get that fixed correctly before someone gets killed. my blazer sits nearly that high with NO hokie-backwardass engineering /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

His problem was only being able to locate 8" springs, oh and being brain dead. I am gonna smack some sense into him. Haven't seen him in a while, just took a swing by and laughed then freaked at what I was seeing. The sad part is, with just the 6" springs, the same lift in the back, and keeping the body lift I bet he could clear the 39.5s.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thats the way ford are set up, shackle in the front /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] quite so, same as with jeeps.

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Someone outta just shoot the person for his stupidity and blow that truck up /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That's weird! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

See the thing is, I know I won't be able to explain how DUMB that is without making him feel bad, and I know him, hes never going to do something that will be "right" maybe better than this but never what anyone hear would consider good. Hes really one of those people that undertakes projects and has no idea what they are getting themselves into, like my dad with his race car, built a big revving 353 and wanted to run the stock ignition and fuel filter, I told him to go [darn] himself and give me the [darn] motor cause he had no [darn] clue what in the [darn] hell he was doing with his own [darn] money... but thats my dad I have to say stuff like that to him daily. Sometimes you can cut corners, but somethings you just DO NOT cut corners.

20. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

well if hes not gonna listen to u go over to his place late at night and take all that crap off /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif