Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Installed another Lock Right Last Night!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Mar 7, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately, it wasnt in my blazer. Fortunately for Blublazer57, it was in his blazer. Man, these are sooo easy to install!

2. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

yep, I had to take mine out to install the new axles, and i forgot to reinstall the pins before i put the right side c-clips in, and had to take that side back apart, but it still went real smooth. the worst paert of that job was pumping in the gear oil.
    i new when i thrhew the direction book in the thrash, that i would regret it
    chris

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I didnt know how to make the "tool" they described so I used a dental pick. Worked like a charm. I asked this as a general question but forgot what everyone told me....... do you use posi lube with your gear oil?

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Just regular gear oil.

5. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

the "tool" is just a piece of wire shaped like a "J". i bought a gallon of oil, it was positrac oil. (it was the only gallon they had), but i think just plain oil works fine.
    is yours pretty noisy?
    i even used heavier oil thinking it moght quite it some.

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Yeh it makes alot of noise, but I kinda like it! The people who know what it is look at you and know whatcha got, and everyone else thinks "holy crap, that things going to blow up!"

7. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

my buddy with a stock 98 ford 4x4 told me the other day when we met for lunch, (he was already there waiting standing in the parking lot) that my truck was clicking real bad when i pulled into my parking spot. i just smiled and said it cost me an extra $400 bucks to make it sound like that, and then asked if he would like to try and follow me. i cant imagine why he declined. then i remembered he paid like $500 to change a wire going to his airbag. what would it be like to jamb your bumper into a moun only to have the airbag deploy????? yikes!!!!!!!!!