Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I issue everyone a challenge

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Apr 12, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Find me a decent shape suburban mid 81-91 with barn doors, rear A/C all for less than $500 :D yeah I know time to laugh at the silly poor guy :haha: I really am looking for the right priced burb and would love a 6.2 4x4 but don't have much moolah currently. Maybe by posting this one will drop from the sky. And I bet it will drop in oregon/Idaho area too LOL my luck is ironic I swear :D

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I will be selling my burb this summer but in stock form. Its a 91 4x4 3/4 ton with ALL options except power mirrors. $5000 though :D

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

My uncle just bought a straight 350 burb in Wisconsin with barn doors for $1400.... its a late 80s I think. One of my cousins is selling a Burb... he was looking to get $2000 for it, but I told him he's nuts for all the things that wrong with it... also a 350, but it's got barn doors, little rust, and its red.

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

unclematty has two ask him

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Step AWAY from the crack pipe! :cool1: ;)

Seriously, you WILL be money ahead by just holding out until you can afford something better. Unless you get REALLY lucky, $500 is just going to buy you a world of hurt. You'll spend way more money fixing up an old beater than you would to just buy a nicer rig in the first place. Been there, done that. :(

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

got a nice 3/4 ton 4x4 rolling chassie and striped tub for ya for about that price.

7. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Actually... that should have been the body of my post... I thought I'd get lucky finding a blazer in wisconsin for only $2500... $8000 later... I realized I could have bought a 95+ SUV or other truck for about as much as I've already thrown into my Blazer. Its a money pit, and I'm stuck in the hole in the floor dangling fron the ceiling without anything to grab on to. I don't regret it though, as long as it lasts me a few years, it will pay for itself in fun and ability to tow my boat.

8. higbee

higbee Newbie

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yeah that one in michigan was cool. I had at one point seen one in maine 4x4 w/ 6.2 had hit a tree in front and ran good but didn't "drive" assumably meaning not on road. I would surmise it would drive just fine onto my trailer for the $500 they wanted. Also came w/ brandy new 33" bf goodrich tires :waytogo: them tires alone was worth the $500. So why didn't I buy that one you may ask. Well that's a very good question. I did not have a dime to my name that week. :haha: And I know how much truoble and money asking for this potentially would be. But there is also the wait for the right parts at the right price to float by. Like if I were to buy a rolling chasis w/ tub... wait till I find another good deal on a 6.2 (still very mad at myself for crushing the last truck I hd w/ one in it but was a means to an end at the time) and I had seen a 700/208 combo @ a great deal for around $300 before locally. What I really would like to end up with is a "stock" 1/2 ton 4x4 sub w/ 6.2/700/208 :waytogo: of course a sunvisor and running boards are mandatory too :dunno: :screwy: Something to go on trips/get groceries/haul the family (when I get one). Getting good gas milage and also having some comfort. Rear A/C will be enevitable. Rear heat may be an option but I may custom build my own rear heater (depending, since I have never seen one and I hear bad things about the factory one). Nothing too special. I have a pair of crew duallys and a big 4x4 so I don't need a hauler or a big toy :D I will be patient with this project and find the best deal for what I need.

Must haves for this would be the barn doors and 4x4 A/C really too since I do not feel like swapping evertything under the sun into a non A/C rig. I can always swap in a 6.2 later and as I am told the 700/208 combo was very common anyway so I am likely to find that in it already.

10. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Saw a early 80's White 3/4 ton for sale on teh side of the road down in Newberry Springs (barstow, CA area) for $600 with no title.

Not that that helps you any....

11. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Where in Newberry Springs? I need a body donor. Was just out there last weekend too.....

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

actually in maine over 15 years needs no title ;) but yeah... on the other coast... :thinking:

13. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Found mine for $500, but doubt I could find another, good luck. Tailgate though, not barn doors.

[​IMG]

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well heck, if u want a $500 burban, I want a $750, reg cab, srw, 1 ton, minimal rust, w/ a 454 & sm465. Of course, running, with the prized axles still under it.

Heck, a $1750 and Id be happy.

15. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

couldnt have said it better myself :waytogo:

16. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I'd sell my 84 (in sig) for the $1,750 :D

17. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Maybe this helps ya out... seems like a decent price!

1988 Chevrolet Suburban

Description — $1,800, 1988 CHEVY: Suburban, diesel, oversize aluminum wheels, new trans, & more. $1800 B/O. (508) 896-2496 (Cape cod)

18. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

lol, if it was a reg cab, srw, and had a 60, id be there lol.

19. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

that does sound kinda nice. now only to have the $$ for it :thinking: ah yes everyone needs to buy one of my 2 trucks for sale or the parts from them :D :waytogo:

20. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Well.... yeah I can't pull that one out me arse ;) Wish I could. Can't even swap and trade from stuff on the farm :haha: If I end up parting the 84 out then it will end up as a 2wd ton dual w/ a 350/465 and also a 55 second series cab and front end on it. And a flatbed to be used as a lumber truck! :waytogo: Yeah... still no 60 layin around. If there was I'd gladly let everyone know. :D