Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i just bought me a 1976 corvette

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappyk5, Oct 28, 2004.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i just bought a 1976 corvette,which i have been wanting one for a long time. anyways , i have been told i can find
    original 1976 license plates for this and have it registered with them. does anyone know where i can find these? i need them for the state of virginia.
    i want to register it as an antique so i dont have to get it inspected.
    anyone ? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

eBay?

Found this but it's for West Virginia. Maybe keep watching that seller, he might turn up one from your state. Might even email him. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I think if you go to DMV you get antique plates that will say 1976 on them. Thats all it is I believe, nothing complicated. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

in Ohio at least, you can get collector's plates with the year stamped on them, or you can use original year of manufacture plates. I bought a set of '72 Ohio truck plates at a yard sale for $8, and traded them to a guy on 67-72chevytrucks.com for a pair of '69 Ohio truck plates. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

my boss just had a 41 built for him. its a nice car. he has an original 41 license plate on it paited the color of the car with white letters and numbers. i believe he got it off ebay or from a swap meet at a car show.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I've bought plates from dealers at swap meets also. Hemmings Motor News has licence plate dealers in their classifieds too.A guy in a town near me had his garage covered with licence plates,literally--a collector/dealer bought them all for over 2000 bucks a few years ago,after he passed away,and his wife sold them--and she always bitched about them being an "eyesore"!!!. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif