Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just bought some POR-15

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Dec 17, 2000.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I got the Super Starter kit. Semi-Gloss.
    It says it will cover 12 square ft (1 pint).

From you guys that have actually used the stuff, is this going to be enough to cover my floorboards my truck cab? I called the tech line and they said I should have enough for two coats, but I can just see running out having done 3/4 of the floorboards...

BTW, everyone talks about spraying the bedliner stuff on the bottot 1/4 of doors, fenders, etc. Why not use POR-15? Seems like it would be better - they have a UV-resistant topcoat that wouldn;t fade.
    -- Mike

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about the one pint covering. You culd always buy another one, and use the left overs on other areas( there's always something that needs paint) As for the spray liners, they work great as a sound deadener. They protect the bed if your hauling something, and they just look sweet!

[​IMG]

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Well 12 square feet is an area 3 feet by 4 feet so i would have to say it would be close. I bought the six pack a while back and used 3 containers 4oz. size to do the floor boards on a porsche 911 probably 16 square feet. I only did one coat for now. As far as using it on the rockers i dont see any real dent and ding protection from it. spray on polyurathane liner seems to be a much better choice. spraying the liner over a base coat of por-15 would be a good idea because then you would have rust and ding protection.

Craig

[​IMG]

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

spray in bed liner is my spring project
    spring break is lookin like a great time for it!

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author