Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just bought the coolest toy in the world!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I just returned from a midnight trip to Walgreen's out of complete boredom. I found me a little 4x4 Stomper. It's a little toy truck thingy that drives itself off of a AA battery over rocks n stuff... I took some photos but I don't feel like uploading them right now...

I gotta figure out how to do a suspension lift so it won't get high centered as easy... and I gotta make the lights work better... and maybe some more power to climb some major obstacles /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, please tell me that you didn't just heard of Stompers! I used to have a bunch of them when I was a kid. Like 20 years ago... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Those things were cool, I still have them in a box in my garage somewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So that must mean someone knows how to modify them for better performance /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif or so I hope

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, do a google search, you'll probably find lots of stuff...
    </font color>

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

is google yer favorite search engine????????? lol. ya always refer to it. lol. later.

jacob

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

There is a whole world of underground stuff on stompers... Do a search on Ebay and checkout what prices the original pairs are selling for (hint, its more than a set of front springs!).
    There is a little blue blazer on ebay, it has a pink/blue stripe on it. The older stompers are highly sought after (I sold my stomper track without the trucks for $76)
    Later
    J

7. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I only had 1 stomper...it was a "water Stomper" and it had big paddles on the tires and would supposedly go through water. I spent a lot of time with that in the bath tub when I was little...if only I still had it.

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well at least it's not a kitchen appliance! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

you mean I'm NOT supposed to take the blender in the tub? Oh NOW you tell me. Where were you 12 years ago? I thought it was a good way to make a whirlpool...and it gave me a funny feeling "like when we used to climb the rope in gym class". And the lights flickering was cool too.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yes, Google is my favorite search engine. The best one out there, searches on other engines turn up squat, but Google will generally turn up lots of good stuff. Ixquick is good too. </font color>

11. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I think my first exposure to four wheeling was with stompers. I also remember chewing on the rubber tires..........or was it paint chips???

12. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Those were the coolest, I think they were called water demons.

13. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

14. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I used to piggy-back a 9v battery on mine when I was a kid...(boy did it go fast then /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) I think that's what led me into the 'electronics' world... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I was into trucks that go anywhere before I got my first Stomper tho /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

15. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

MAN! That is identicle to a couple that i have, idint know theyre called stompers thoung, i still paly with mine a couple times a week. yes it still play with toy trucks and im 19, deal with it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Never heard of them /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI must be old /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I got some Petersons 4 Wheel Drive trucks at Target the other night. They were marked down to $2 each. You have to pull back on them so they work but they are cool. Each one comes with a little magazine cover baseball card thing and the back has a cool pic on it. The one I got was a black S10 truck but it has a K5 on the card and on the back was a truck that looked exactly like mine did pre-camo. I thought that was awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

OMG I had a set of those with a track and I think we sold it in a garage sale for next to nothing....man the toys I had could have made me some money nowdays

19. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

WOW they came with DURACELL batteries?!?!?! The one I bought came with this cheap no-name battery that's probably going to die soon... But I bought about 10 AA batteries /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got bored with it after a couple hours of having it home... Damn my short attention span /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif