Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just cant bring myself to sell it!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I had decided to sell Pure Insanity about a month and a half ago. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I keep putting off running an ad in Auto Trader, saying Ill get to it later, or Im too busy to mess w/ it right now ETC. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I was gonna sell it and get a newer model Z28 to use as a toy and daily driver. I still want to get one but I just cant give up the Blazer.

I went to my webshots album and added a few pics a week or so ago, and tonite I just went to look at them, and I just cant do it! SOOO.....it looks like Im stuck sportin the Subaru to and from work.

Also helping was the fact that I had to drive it today. I had to move it across the property at my mom and dads house where I have it stored for now. As soon as it fired up I knew I couldnt part w/ it. I finished myself off w/ checking out the pics. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Guess its time to pull my Camaro out of storage and put it back together alot more mild than I started getting w/ it to keep it a driver.

So I guess Im back! HEHE!!

BTW I had to remove the For Sale I had in my sig, but I noticed the link in my sig is all messed up. How do I fix that w/ the new boards??

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think it will work if you drop the
    So you hopped in it and it just fired right up huh, yup thats what they do, I think my engine should have died about 75000 miles ago but hey its a Chevy its what they do.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Buddy!!!
    I knew you would come around!

K5s just plain kick ass, and you know this!

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Pure *padding* insainity</font color=blue> - 1876

<font color=orange>Twizted</font color=orange> - 1741

5. Pure Insanity

I have got some major stuff goin on right now, and prob wont have a chance to mess w/ it for a while to work out a few things. Like fixing my wipers for example. Look in my pics and youll see they are in the up position, well when I installed the new wiper motor I hooked it up 180 degrees out of phase! Imagine the look on my face when my wipers went across my hood when I tried them the first time!! I didnt have time to tear it all apart again so I moved the wiper arms to compensate. They work fine, they just shut off standing up. LOL!!!

Yeah it fired right off no problem! Pumped the gas a few times and hit the key. But Holleys are junk carbs according to most people.

Hey Twiz! This means the race is back on! I havent posted squat in over 2 months, and Ill bet Im still in the lead. Ill have to go check. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. Pure Insanity

DAMN Bro! I was typing that last post while you made your last one and we both brought up our little race!

You and I are think WAY too much alike! That is truely scary!

7. Pure Insanity

PAD PAD PAD!! LOL!

I do see tho that I am still in the lead! And I havent posted squat in 2 months!

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I figured I had ya beat by-now, shesh.. Wheres that "I'm outa-here" post when ya need it!

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif &lt; Steve getting into his Blazer for the first time in a month.
    /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif &lt; Turns on the wipers and cleans off the dust from his hood

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif &lt; Twizz laughing my butt off over the "costom hood wipers" thing. P/Is next up-grade will be pedestrian shower system.

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif &lt; Pedestrain getting the "washers" treatment.
    /forums/images/icons/mad.gif &lt; Pedestrain after crossing the path of Pureinsanity

9. Pure Insanity

Eric, you are certifiably&lt;sp&gt; touched!

I will have to admit, I have missed this site. I avoided it like the plauge to help me hold to my decision. If I dont talk K5 I wont need the K5. Know what I mean??

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I hope you don't have to part with it but if you have to you have to ........ I hope everything works out o.k. for you ! Drop me a PM if you need anything !

11. Pure Insanity

Thanx Riz!

I dont need to sell it, I was just burned out I guess. But I am too much of a Redneck to not have a big truck. LOL!! I was only gonna sell it to get a new toy. The wife only lets me have 1 at a time now. LOL!!

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue>But I am too much of a Redneck to not have a big truck.

Too damn funny !

13. Pure Insanity

Well........I am! LOL!!

I live in the south (Florida), have ALWAYS had a big ass 4 wheel drive, use words like reckon, yall and over yonder, dont go out w/ out a hat. The list could continue but it would be too long. HEHE!!

14. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

This may help you feel better about your decision. A hot rod car is a cop magnet and driving it to it's potential will eventually cost you your drivers license unless you drive it slow all the time. What good is having a hot rod that you can't drive fast. On the other hand you have the K5 and you can drive that to it's potential off road and still look cool driving the speed limit. Nobody expects you to drive in a cop attracting manner in your K5, but people are always trying to get hot rods to burn rubber, and race. If you get caught racing and burning rubber enough times you will lose your license, if you don't get killed by someone pulling out in front of your speeding hot rod. Welcome back to the world of K5 fun. I have never seen any cops with radar guns on the side of any of the trails I've run.

15. Pure Insanity

I have grown out of the smokin the tires at the lite phase. I was gonna take it to the track on the weekends. Where I live there are 2 tracks w/in 1 hr of me, 1/8 mile and 2 tracks w/in 2 hrs of me 1/4 mile. The track where the Gatornationals are going on right now is a kwik shot north on I75 for me. The track where the Snowbird nationals is south on I75 about the same distance. Then there is Moroso Motorsports, but that is more of a weekend trip down run and ride back.

I do fully understand your point tho. Driving the Blazer, even normally, attracts attention from the police tho.

Actually I street raced more in my last big truck, than I did my last fast Camaro. I have since grown out of that. Well I cant say I have grown out of it, but I have more self control. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I still have a 3rd gen Camaro in storage that was gonna have a built SBC, infact the motor thats in PI was built to go in the Camaro, but PI was closer to done so I popped it in there. I will just keep it a 6 banger and use it as a Daily ride. My ego just cant take much more of the Subaru. LOL!!

16. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> ......... How about, " Just down the road a piece. " ?

17. Pure Insanity

Yeah I have been known to use that one a few times too.

18. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! About time you came and saw the light. Just work out a few final details and paint that baby and she'll be finer then a Playboy centerfold (A heck lot bigger too /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif). I know how you feel... my rig has sucked a lot more time and money then I have wanted to throw at it, but twiz is right... Blazers just plain Kickass!

19. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I went through the same thing with mine. I kept putting the for sale sign in the window and taking it back down. Everytime I would come read the boards I would change my mind about selling it.

20. Pure Insanity

It has sucked up quite a few paychecks! LOL!! The biggest problem is its gonna suck up more! But I reckon its worth it.

You still comin down to Fla. Mikey?