Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i just did somthing really stupid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

today at work there wasnt enough room in the cage to park all three delivery trucks inside. when this happens we leave the oldest truck(84 f350) in the parking lot. well today i told my boss i was gonna quite and i was nevrous as hell all day and i guess i forgot to lock up the truck. i just went back and she was still there, doors unlocked, keys in the igniton. thank god. i was really worried that i would get there and it would be gone, or moved and locked up cuz that would mean the boss double checked and caught me being dumb. but i guess no one knows. i will just tell them i forgot and brought the keys home with me after i locked her up at 5. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Would someone really take it? Would your boss really check? I left the keys in a rig at work once, but nobody took it.

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

We keep the keys in the shop truck always, leave it running when we go to lunch, this is in the city in the "hood" too, its a damn nice truck too. I wonder what my boss would say if one of us called and said "your not gonna belive this......

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You'd probably say "Oh, we believe it!" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

We had one of our trucks stolen over the weekend. It was a rental tractor but it still sucked. The unbolted the gate hooked the tractor up to a trailer full of BBO plywood. They found the truck and trailer Monday morning about a block away but the 800 sheets of plywood were gone /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

we had a really dumb theft at my old job once. the company that was in the other half of the building we occupied was a paint & body shop. they'd have trucks coming and going pretty much all day long, and into the evening dropping and picking cars up. one fine monday morning, the bossman came into my office and said `umm... you were last one here friday right? did you by chance see anyone hanging around my van? someone stole it....'

what we discovered 2 weeks later, was that a transport company showed up, with a pick ticket for a green 98 dodge voyager minivan, saw my boss's green 99, figgured it was it, and loaded it on the truck. the body shop figgured out thier mistake when the people recieving it noticed it was not only registered, but also didn't match VIN's. ( apparently the truck driver had a scathing phonecall to the body shop about not leaving the keys in the regular spot, and having to jimmy the locks to get the van loaded)

I think our company let themn slide without making arrests, although I'm pretty sure the driver was fired for not checking that the numbers match.

7. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

so the next morning i went back and pulled the keys out of my pocket and said "silly me, i took the keys home with me, hehehe" the other guy i work with said "[darn] dude, i left the forklift outside all night with the keys in the ignition!!!!" this is the first time this has every happened, and we both did it the same day. whoops