Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just don't like it!

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by AntAZBlaz, Mar 8, 2004.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I just don\'t like it!

Just wanted to say my 2 cents before my membership ran out. I can never say that the people on this board have not been helpful. I’ve always found what I was looking for when I have come here in the past. But here my problem I’m on a budget and I just can’t see myself paying for this all year round. I wish I made money like that to where I could afford to pay out but I just don’t. At the same time I think there are times that I could be helpful to the board in the past I have given away parts to members offered my advice and I just can’t see myself paying to give away my old parts or paying to give out helpful info. I really feel like something has been lost when you are forced to pay to help out. That said I sure will miss this board I’ll probably end up paying again for a month here or there over the years but it just isn’t the same.
    King

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Re: I just don\'t like it!

There is always the Garage. You can still help out and get answers there. If you've got stuff to give away, sell, or trade; just call up some of the local guys. there are so many around here that it's rare not to find someone in need of whatever you have...

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    But here my problem I'm on a budget and I just can't see myself paying for this all year round.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not trying to be an ass, but CK5 only costs $2 a month. I don't know your financial status, but you make it sound like $2 is a really big deal. I'm far from rich, BTW, but at any given time I probably have $2 in loose change lying around the house.......

I guess it all comes down to priorities, and the title of your post says it all....... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are right paul! I get pissed when people complain about having to pay for this site.They must think that it is free for Steve to run it. Oh I cannot afford .50 cents a week".................................. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and I just can’t see myself paying for this all year round

[/ QUOTE ]
    You said it yourself, you just don't want to pay, but not because you aren't able to. Suck it up. Cry me a river [​IMG]. I've been unemployed for 6 months(no severence or unemployment). When my membership ran out I found some temp hard work and paid for another year. Nothing in this life is free /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[​IMG]

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Paying to give away parts to other people is really your fault. And your not paying to give info, your getting it.

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

These are the kind of replies that made me wait so long to pay and consider not paying again each time renewal comes up. Way to go!

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What was the point of his post???Sounds like he just wanted to bitch and whine, so I say BS, my post was not meant to hurt anyones delicate feelings it was meant to lighten the mood of the lame post, sorry I offended you now go take some asprin for your menstral cramping and get on with life... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I reread his post in an attempt to more fully understand where you were coming from and now I have to say, I think he is just fishing for someone to give him a freebie, so I stand on my STFU post sorry... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. bigjbear

I just don't see the need to bash ppl eveytime someone makes a negative comment about the site. Let me make sure I understand the general feeling of the members here; Its not OK to bash someone for posting the same "?" for the 1000th time, its not OK bash someone for posting in the wrong forum, its not OK to bash someone for posting wrong tech, BUT it is ok to bash someone for complaning about the site and it is OK to bash someone posting good tech in a not nice way.

Oh yeah, you are right his post was pointless, but your "STFU" reply was worse.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] And your reply , even more worthless for keeping this stupid post at the top...I'll agree to disagree... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK guys, lets keep it clean /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif There is always the garage forum that is free, when CK5 first started a forum thats all we had was one general forum that was free and it still is and that is where most people hang out anyway.

15. bigjbear

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] And your reply , even more worthless for keeping this stupid post at the top...I'll agree to disagree... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Isn't that exactly what you just did? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    That's all, I'm done.

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    when CK5 first started a forum thats all we had was one general forum

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah, the good old days /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sorry to hear that you don't want to be a member here. I myself had a hard time finding the mere $25 it takes to join, but I did and it has saved me many times more than that in parts, time, labor, stupid breaks, etc.