Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just don't understand

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just don\'t understand

I just don't understand the whole football atraction. Watch guy run around chasing a wierd shaped ball just doesn't do anything for me. I know football is suposta be a guy thing, but it just seams alittle gay to me. Whats up with the patting other guys on the a$$ for anyways ??? Or at the beginning of each play bending over with guys behind them ??? Like I said, I just don't understand it, it seams alittle gay to me. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

Re: I just don\'t understand

hmmmm someone's makin this post to get people to flame with. but newayz its a fun sport to watch. lot more than what ya said. i don't feel like explainin cuss i'm ready for bed. later. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

well if you really think about it, any sport is really stupid...take basketball for example... buncha black guys putting a ball in a hoop? golf, somone hits a ball with a stick 400 yuards away, hey lets throw some sand pits and tress int he way, tennis- lets hit a ball back and forth...i mean, its just something to do i suppose.

Ooo yea, and jacob.... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

To each his/her own.. The guys with the ricers are saying the same thing about us.. Why go tear up a truck on some rocks... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with you actually. I think football is even more stupid than other sports. I have no idea what many people see in it. That's their business though.

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    To each his/her own.. The guys with the ricers are saying the same thing about us.. Why go tear up a truck on some rocks... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

surely not, a voice of reason in the quagmire of opinions /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just don't understand the whole football atraction.

[/ QUOTE ] i dont like tv sports either /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Another thing I don't understand, and have noticed most hardcore football fans do is, yell at the TV durring the game. Do you really belive the player will hear you ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Geezus Paul....Seriously dude, do you really not know the deal with Football? Or are ya just posting for the sake of posting? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

going for 9000, /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

To each his own. And, no we don't think that the guy we are watching can hear us /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif If you have ever played the game, it would be more clear.

John

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Football is life..............

Be kind of funny to say that down in Texas on a fall Friday nite..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Now I'm all about freedom of speech and all that jazz (unless you're named Hillary and work in DC), but I am smelling something nasty and that would be the attention whore stank............

But then again, being from South Dakota, I don't expect ya to understand much of anything more than sheep fawking.

13. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well...of all the sports I tend to like football. At least there is some action when you have 5 or 6 guys weighing in at over 250lbs slamming someone. At least there is some kind of battle. Also, they play no matter what the weather conditions are...rain...snow...fog...etc. Unlike the Baseball wimps...boring, Basketball..dont see the excitement of watching 7 foot guys put a ball in a 10 foot basket. Golf=boring, Hockey...now theres some excitement.

Same in autoracing..NASCAR, pretty boring watching cars go in a circle, Roadracing, like the LeMans series, I enjoy.

What I dont understand is why these people who "PLAY" a game, or sport, which does nothing for society are treated like Gods and are paid outrageous amounts of money to do so. Same as Hollywood actors, they are worshiped as gods, paid outrageous amounts of money, only to "Pretend". Its amazing people will pay $$$ to these people to play a game or pretend in a movie and allow them live their exceptional lifestyles when you, the payee, dont have a chance of ever going to one of their party's or affairs or the ability to break the law and never do time because you are a "Celebrity" .

Fuc_ them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Let the flames begin... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Fuc_ them

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen

John

15. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, F|_|CK them. [​IMG]

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'll agree with you, Robert... Football is boring... Sports in general are boring... to watch and play... although Soccer's kinda fun to play sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    But then again, being from South Dakota, I don't expect ya to understand much of anything more than sheep fawking.

[/ QUOTE ] Remember, I've only lived in SD for a couple years. And in all honesty, I haven't seen any sheep around here, I think they all went down to OU to get married. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Geezus Paul....Seriously dude, do you really not know the deal with Football? Or are ya just posting for the sake of posting? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] In all honesty, I started this thread too start some controversy. But everything I said is true. Sports bore the sh!t out of me. I will watch a movie instead of sports anyday. And you can't tell me football isn't gay. Think about it, Guys in tight pants running around, grabing each other (Taclking), sticking thier asses in each others faces, slapping each others butts. Dude, you gotta be blind if you can't see how gay all that sh!t is !!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I like football because of the sheer athleticism of the players. Imagine being well over 6 feet, 200 something pounds, and being fast as hell. Football players are true specimins of modern science. Strong, fast, big. I agree some football plays are boring, but you watch the games to see "the catch", or some other incredible play. That one great play that you saw is enough to keep you watching. Sometimes a play just goes like clockwork, that's what I watch football for. Watching players like Bill Romanowski just plug a hole in the line and light up a runningback that thought he had daylight is incredible.

20. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If there is ever a good sport that you would enjoy watching, or in your case: participating, I would say boxing.
    Nothing says it like 2 guys in a ring throwing punches at each other. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Still not convinced? Ok, lets see you get into a ring with some famous boxer and see how long you can last against him. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif