Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just found a Blazer-Chalet website

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Slim_Ruthless, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Slim_Ruthless

Slim_Ruthless 1/2 ton status

I was just wandering around the net aimlessly & came upon this site http://baulko.coloradok5.com

2. Slim_Ruthless

Slim_Ruthless 1/2 ton status

I thought you might like a pic

http://baulko.coloradok5.com

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

AZBLAZER has one of those, and has a pic on that site also............rare units!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's AZBlazers doing. It's attached to a friend of his site. He is the world renowned Chalet Expert.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

My friend Aaron and i built that web site 2 years ago! I drive my chalet to work all the time!

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

For some reason it always looks like a horse trailer mated with a Blazer when I see a pic of a Chalet! I see one around town and the guy keeps it way clean looking and pretty nice! [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

7. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I see a Chalet driving around the Walnut Creek, Cali, area occasionally. It's a very clean one. One day I'll follow it and see if I can get to see it up close. So far, every time I see it, it's going the other way.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

8. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Hey! There are other East-bay-er's out here!

Would this Chalet be brown one, tan camper and poptop (ie it's a 1977 unit)? I've seen that guy three times myself, once parked (nobody home), and the other two times, going the other way -- both times. Apparently the guy likes to drive where I'm not ;-(

IIRC it's serial #1835. If you can find its person, point them the way of the web page. Always love to chat with Chalet people.

(And no, folks, it ain't my Chalet you see ... #1383 is in my backyard undergoing serious reconstructive surgery. I and the fiberglas gods are having long talks on the weekends ... someday, she shall rise again)

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

9. WinnipegK5

WinnipegK5 Registered Member

Thanks for the great site, I know of two Chalets here in Winnipeg. I will have to take a closer look next time I see either of them.

Mike
    "WinnipegK5"

10. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hey Slim where ya been? I aint seen ya around in awhile.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've seen 2 here in the phoenix metro... one out here in tempe/mesa, and one for sale in the truck trader. I'll see if I can get the serial off the one I see out here in Tempe/mesa... those things are truly wierd looking.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

12. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you may have seen the same Chalet that I have seen. I believe the owner uses it to commute to work and back, since I've only seen it during weekday commute hours. I haven't seen it, however, since my original post last June.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

13. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Wierd looking...should i take offense Mr. Burbinator? Lol....i have one of the Phx Chalets...and the 79K5 that wheeled Raw Deal with you. The weekend before the run i took on the trail that goes around the back side of lake pleasant with her and won...no ideal for the task...but with the extra weight in the rear lockers are not required...lol. Kinda usefull in their own way though....kinda a nice to have the 79 to wheel in and the 76 to make dinner in and have a place indoors to crash after a long day on the trail. And yes...i am part of the web site...i provided most if not all of the technical specs and such.... and my NoCal K5 pal Dremu made it all happen on the web end!

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!