Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just got some new toys!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tungsten, Feb 11, 2004.

1. tungsten

tungsten 1/2 ton status

The big brown truck just dropped off my new Edelbrock Performer EPS #2701 intake manifold and new Edelbrock Performer #1406 carburetor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It looks like I am only 2-3 weeks away from having all the parts together to swap a freshened up 350 into my Blazer. Now all I need to pick up are some miscellaneous odds and ends, a new HEI distributor and some headers.

Anyone got any good things to say about the Dynomax ceramic coated long-tubes for the 4WD fullsize Blazers / Jimmys? I'm leaning towards them right now.

2. pineyjon

pineyjon Registered Member

ive had the dynomax ceramic coated headers for 2 years and the coating has flaked off by the collector.It supposedly has a lifetime warranty

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone got any good things to say about the Dynomax ceramic coated long-tubes for the 4WD fullsize Blazers / Jimmys? I'm leaning towards them right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you mean dynocraps. they are over priced POS. the fitment is poor at the mounting flang, the ceremic coating will lasts a year at the most, and the passenger side collector and flang come within 1/4" of the passenger side shackel.

get some Doug Thorleys

4. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Go with Edlebrock headers. I have had them on my 89 for 6 years. Good fit, they don't hit anything. I would suggest that you go to Auto Zone and get some GOOD Mr Gasket header gaskets. The ones they come with bite.

5. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

I got some new goodies for my truck too. I got some Flowtech afterburner headers and a Hooker competition dual 2 1/4" mandrel bent exhaust system. And yes, this is turning into a poser /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. tungsten

tungsten 1/2 ton status

Nice collection of toys there too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I looked at Thorleys but don't want to spend that kind of coin on this truck at the moment. Am open to anything else in the $300 and down price range, though.

Those Flowtechs look nice -- I might give a set of those a spin.

7. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

We put thorleys on our 97 burb and am very pleased with them. But they are pricey.