Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just had accident on the road bike !!!PICS ADDED!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Oct 13, 2003.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

man am i sore, just about every muscle hurts in my body.
    it happened today about 9:45am
    i rear ended some one on my dads '83 xvz1200 venture, i was going about 55 when i seen some people on the side of the road working. i glance over, then look back and all i remember seeing is a tailgate to a truck. i ahd about 1/2 of a second to hit the brakes and i was thrown about 50 foot. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif the bike went about 25 foot, landed on the top upside down. it didn't know me out or so severe injuries. my helmet it all scratched to hell. the jacket i was wearing is still in perfect shape. my pants are riped in the crotch. my hand was up by my shoulder and it felt as if was hanging straight down, but that went away after a little while. man this really hurt. im just glad i walked away. ive seen some pics of people do almost the same thing the i did and almost die. THANK GOD IM ALIVE /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: I just had accident on the road bike

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif DAMN, you got lucky man, glad you are ok

3. big83chevy4x4

Thanks, Ive had too many close calls, not just on the bike

i have to go get the bike today and im going to post pics of the bike up today

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

And the moral of this story kids, is always watch the road where you're going. Especially on a bike, where one tiny mistake can be the difference in life or death. Glad you're ok. Now keep the shiny side up next time!

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

bikes are so scary, i seriously dont see how anyone can drive them on a daily basis. I mean, it would take a pretty serious fawkup for me to get in a fatal crash in my k5... i rarely drive over 60mph...i have 5 point harnesses and a roll bar etc so it'd take a hella crash to be fatal. But on a bike? hell, a possum could kill a guy on a bike... just has to be in the right place at the right time. bad times!

glad ur ok tho buddy, hope none of your injuries turn out to be long term problems. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Bummer,
    Sounds like the tuck and roll instinct may ahve saved you. Glad you are "okay" Hope you didn't get loaded down with tickets.

John

7. big83chevy4x4

i have been riding bikes for 16 years, been racing for 8 years, and have been riding on the road for 3 years.

all of my injuries are just bruises, 2 little spots of road rash, and muscle pain from being thrown around. i took a pain killer and im felling better.

8. big83chevy4x4

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like the tuck and roll instinct may ahve saved you

[/ QUOTE ]
    it was more like a fly and flop. i think i landed on my back. not sure can't really remember.

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i am glad to hear you are ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you are very lucky to just walk away like that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

WOW! I'm glad to hear that you're alright... and thats amazing that you walked away from that.
    You are truly lucky to be alive! Count your blessings man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. big83chevy4x4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] This should be shown to all the hundreds of people a weekend I see riding without helmets now that PA has repealed that law.

13. big83chevy4x4

i was talking to the cop and he was talking about a guy who hit a deer and was wearing a brain bucket, you know a half helmet just bearly covers your hair, and it doesn't look like he is going to make it. all because of the helmet

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah and there are instances where people wear helmets like yours and well they don't walk away but the cops can clean up their head easily. It happens but you must agree you'd probably be gone if not for the helmet? I want to get a bike but not in any hurry, when I do not a chance I'm not wearing a helmet.

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

My Dad had a wreck just about a year ago. He wasn't wearing a helmet, but was only going about 20. It threw him off the bike and he rolled himself up in a ball. Banged him up pretty bad and gave him road rash all over his body, but he luckily didn't hit his head. He probably would have broken a few ribs if he didn't weigh 300 lbs. and have a good belly to protect him. He was REALLY lucky not to hit his head though, and now he wears one constantly and insists that I do as well. We also never ride in shorts. I see all these guys running around on their crotch rockets with no shirt and just a pair of shorts, and with their shitty riding etiquette it's only a matter of time before they take a flight and they're gonna get screwed up bad with such little protection. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

16. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

also don't wear jeans with metal studs in them, so says 1" x 1" flip flopin piece of skin on the side of my arse. (well it doesn't flip flop anymore)

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

WTF is that all about??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyway... I guess it's a matter of preference... if you'd rather die than risk being paralyzed yet still have a chance of just breaking a couple bones, or if you're lucky come out with just a few scratches... don't wear a helmet... if you'd rather be paralyzed than dead... wear a helmet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dont think motorcyclists should have to wear a helmet by law. i mean, if one of them screws up, and I end up hitting him, I'd rather he didnt fly through my windshield like a missile and kill me too. better if he/she/it just ricochet'd off the windshield and got flung over the top of the rig or something. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

20. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i mean, if one of them screws up, and I end up hitting him,

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not always the biker that "screws up"..I know many people who have been hit by a car on their bike, and they were in the right....

Where I live- we have a helmet law- however just across the bridge from my town- into New Hampshire- they don't have one...Same with seatbelts- we have one, they don't....When I ride my bike- or on anyones bike- I wear my helmet REGARDLESS of where I am, just like a seatbelt, even if the state doesn't have a seatbelt law I still wear it..

Similar to my kids in car seats- in Vermont, you are in a seat until your 8, in NH its 5- I dont let them take the car seat out when I cross the bridge...there's a reason someone invented a helmet- just as there is a seatbelt, and a car seat...your chances of fatal injuries are lessened by using these SAFETY DEVICES.......

By the way.....I'd recommend buying a new helmet- you dont know what those "minor" scratches did to the integrety of that helmet....for a couple hundred bucks- it's worth your head....

Brandy