Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just love my Ford!! HELP needed!!!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by laketex, Jun 4, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Had the pleasure of replacing my front fuel pump, fuel filter, rodding the radiator, and screwing with my air box today. ford really had a ball with those dual tank systems, wonder if those engineers are still laughing about that? Anyways, it's still lurching and jumping like it's not getting fire on all cylinders. But it only does it under acceleration, like upon take off and up hills. On flat ground or downhill when my foot's not in it, it does fine. Anyone have any suggestions? I cleaned my air filter, and added Lucas injector cleaner as well. Could it be my injectors? If so, how do I check to see which one it is? Or do I need to bite the bullet and get the darn thing tested at the mechanic shop? Dang it, I dont need to spend cash on this truck, I need to be spending it on the BLAZER!!!

btw, it's a 300 6cyl, std tranny, 3.55 gears, 2wd, '96 model. If yall can shed any light, I'm all eyes and ears. Thanks

Bryan

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx
    "I'd Rather Be a Fencepost in Texas than the King of Tennessee" -Chris Hall
    TEXAS COUNTRY PRIDE
    </font color=red>

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Don't know if this helps... it might be related to a current problem I encountered..
    My G/F's.. her mothers car would start fine... idle fine in neutral.. one in gear and tried to drive it, it would buck like crazy.. and refuse to run.. sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders.. (car is a 93 Pontiac grand am 4cyl)
    Well.. after replacing the plugs, fuel filter, and air filter etc... it didn't help.. thought the injectors were clogged.. ran some injector cleaner through.. nothing..
    In the end.. car was towed to a shop.. (pontiac dealer) and they replaced the ignition module..
    Fixed all the hesitation/bucking/ rough idle problems..
    Car runs like it's new again...
    So.. maybe it's kinda related...
    Good luck.. god I love my normally aspirated engine.. [​IMG]

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Is it missing? Your clutch might be slipping.

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

check to make sure you are getting a good spark to each plug... might be plug wires, plugs....if you have the gauges to check them that is where i would start... also make sure your plug wires a fully seated into place...

Prembird

If it aint loud then turn it up!

5. slickwilly

slickwilly 1/2 ton status

just remember that ford stands for FIX OR REPAIR DAILY!!!!!!!

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It could be a sign of a weak fuel pump too.
    As for plug wires I bought an inexpensive inductive lead tester. It is used while the engine is running and a test light will glow if the wire is 'leaking' voltage. I found a couple of bad leads on my Jimmy with it. It would also run like crap under load. Now it runs like a champ again.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by tRustyK5 on 06/08/01 03:06 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yep, it was a "blown fuse" as I like to call it. I work with electricity, and the blown fuse is what you usually check after pulling all your hair out...The easiest stuff that stumps you.

changed the plugs and wires, and it runs like a new truck.
    Thank yall for opening my eyes to the simple things!!

Bryan

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx
    "I'd Rather Be a Fencepost in Texas than the King of Tennessee" -Chris Hall
    TEXAS COUNTRY PRIDE
    </font color=red>

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Glad ya got it figgered out and it wasn't something complicated or expensive...
    Nothing worse than having troubles with yer daily driver.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>