Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I just put my stock tires back on and....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Wow, the truck is QUIET again. Damn those mud terrains are loud. I mean, its really really loud! Are BFG MT's known to be very loud?

Should I be considering a set of the BFG AT's as my next set of tires?

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

My BFG MT's had a pretty good hum to them....but Swampers are MUCH louder. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

lol. Ok, so swampers are definately out.

They BFG's were getting so loud, that I thought I had a driveline vibe-, or my pinion angle was screwed up. The lugs on the bfg were acutally the cause of it!

Im very tempted to get a set of the BFG AT's. I've been lookin at the tread closely, and it looks about 80% as agressive as the MT's. THe only worry of course, is in the deep gumbo stuff, the AT's may not clean themselves out as well at the MT's. I even had problems with my MT's not cleaning themselves out. the compromises.. the compromises...

4. bigchevy80

bigchevy80 Registered Member

What size are the BFGs?

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

their 35x12.5x15's. Their the first ones, the Radial Mud terrains, BFG seems to claim thait their new Mud Terrains KO (or whatever the letter designation is ) is quieter.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ive got 33" dunlop mud rovers on my truck..comparible to the mud terrians..and they give a pretty good humm, and you can really feel the lugs when you crawl to a stop..shacks the truck lol..i love it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i wish i had tire hum! its not fair i tell you, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!1 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif evne my exhaust is stock and EXTREMELY quiet /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i have stock 285 35 16....

good luck

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try driving around with boggers that are a bit cuped in the front at 65mph along with dual flowmasters that dump under the truck with a pumped motor. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I would love to enjoy the peace and quiet of BFG mud terrains. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

you're complaining about BFG mts being loud? dude, true, they send a good viebe down the metal but its not bad at all, if i had two sets of tires, then i would go AT and MT, but with one set, im deffenettly sticking to MTs. besides, they speak "tuck" when you go past people.

10. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I really don't feel that my swapers are that loud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

drive open top, no doors or nothin, maby it is the Big Block, headers, 3 inch pipes and 40 series flowmasters?

But I dont hear the tires /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, the ride very nice on my truck as well, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif