Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i just started the rockwell files!!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ryanNC, Aug 21, 2002.

1. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

this shizz is fun in the dirt but i couldn't wait till my shop gets finished so in they go to get my head working and get some real measurements and start making the links and the mounts and steering and ... and .... and.... wish me luck and any opinions are welcome /forums/images/icons/cool.gif now you guys know what my icon is all about....can you say 14.00r20 michelin XL arrrrgggg!!!

2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I've seen those tires at www.safarigard.com how much are they going to cost you? I can't remember, does Boyce sell them also?

3. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

i'm gettin them at a big truck tire store for about 475 a piece bran spankin new. but they should last forever since they usually transport a truck that weighs about 25000 pounds and mine weighs about 6 and there regrovable and not to mention there RADIAL 49 inch tires hopefully i'll still be able to drive that sucker on the street with the overdrive in the 700r4. but only time will tell!

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I take it your not going to narrow the axles? Are you converting to disk brakes? It looks like it be sweet, but what lift are you going to run?Keep the pics commin' I'd like to see how it developes /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

no i'm not going to narrow my axles id rather put money in other things that are more important i new it was going to be wide so i'll deal with it. i found some bigger brakes at www.usa6x6.com that use alot bigger brakes than chuckstrucks so i'll run those front and rear. right now i'll going to get them mocked in with my wheels and tires(can't wait till they get here i'll post again when they do) i'll set the bumpstops and cut for the tires. from there i'll weld in my 2link,wishbones,shocks, and airbags.