Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I knew it stuiped PO

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Jan 2, 2007.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I knew some PO was trying to fix my truck up when they had it. I was ripping my pass side floor out and went to clean up the rockers. (slag and crap) I found that my rockers where not stock some po or shop put the new rockers on over the stock ones. plus my front fenders have no rust on them. blah, blah. But I'm not going to take the time to rip the old rockers out . I'll just rust bullet them weld custom inners rockers on and keep on doing what I was doing. hahaha

I'll post pics of what kind of mess I have gotten myself into tonight. I just redid my back fuel lines, the back half of the truck has gloss black rust bullet. I don't know if I want to put a floor back in....my fram is so pretty. hahah. I'm so glade I didn't buy that new ford and keep my old chevy. haha

2. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Here is some progress photos of my floor. I took some random pics of my engine because I have never shown it in the truck before. The back half of the truck is about ready for the new floor I just need to change my fuel sending unit. Then I will order my metal and start cutting it down to build my back sub fram. I am using 1/8" flat plate 4'8' sheets for a floor pan EVERYTHING is getting rust bulleted. I have left overs from a project that my friend was doing but he never did finish it. I will carpet the whole thing then I will add alum. diamond plate to the back over the steel in the future. like next summer or when ever I get board. I'm taking it slow because I need to build my funds up again. I'm hoping to be done at the end of the month. Or pretty close. I'm taking my time because EVERYTHING needs to be done right and look good. Tell me what you think. The front floor pan is kinda rust and roted but I have seen worse. hahah
    Later

Adam_s_truck_001.jpg

Adam_s_truck_002.jpg

Adam_s_truck_003.jpg

Adam_s_truck_004.jpg

Adam_s_truck_005.jpg