Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I know I shouldnt do it but it feels sooooo good

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88Silverado, Feb 24, 2004.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I disconnected my swaybar last sunday to do some local wheeling. I decided to drive it to work this week with it disconnected.
    It feels nice
    Bump steer seems reduced and seems to ride quite abit smoother. I really dont notice any real difference in body roll either.

I know I shouldnt do it but it feels sooooo good /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

sway bar? what is a swaybar. oh ya, I remember it threw it away a long time ago. Worthless POS. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Harley

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I haven't had one on in two years. Most people I know with lifted rigs remove them and don't think twice. It's not like you can drive it like a sports car anyway /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I took mine off a few months ago and noticed no difference in road performance either.

5. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I have an 88 burb with a 6" lift and I have completely removed my sway bar. It floats a little when towing. But who wants to do 90 mph on 35's in a burb haulin another rig around.

6. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You'd be surprised... before my lockers my limiting speed in the corners was the inside rear tire would spin and I couldn't go any faster. Now the limiting factor is horsepower...

I have a corner on my way home that is around a 110° corner. The speed limit is 30 but it has a yeller 15mph caution sign. With the open differentials I could go about 39mph around it before the inside rear tire just spun like mad. Now I can go around 44mph around the corner. I'm just at the point where it's a toss-up as to whether I'm horsepower-limited or if the front end will start pushing. The front tires just start to squeal at 44mph but I can't go any faster because I ain't got enough ponies.

Yeah, I need to buy a car and quit pretending my truck is a LS1 WS6 Trans Am.

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well I tried runnin without the sway-bar and I don't like it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be buyin the quick disconnect. The truck is much dartier (is that a word? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) especially on the freeway. It's prolly just my truck. It does lots of things others never find happenin with theirs. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Good luck to y'all.

Allan

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Isn't the sway bar that funny horse shoe looking thing that is more than a pain to install after a lift. I think I bought new bushing thingy's for that horse shoe do-hiky and then scrapped the whole thing a few months later.

I don't even know why I bought a complete truck sometimes. I should have just got a frame, engine, and running gear and bought a tube bender instead /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I need to buy a car and quit pretending my truck is a LS1 WS6 Trans Am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I bought a LS1 WU6 ( Firehawk ) Trans Am /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I know I shouldn\'t do it but it feels sooooo good

i took mine off when i put in my Dana 60 and have never regretted it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Sway bars stink, I have some disconects I need to sell if your interested.

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hey Matt, You wanna give me those bushings??? Mine are just a little bit more than trashed. Good luck to y'all.

Allan

13. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status