Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I know it's not a full size,but....

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Big blue ox, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Big blue ox

Big blue ox Registered Member

I know it\'s not a full size,but....

It's a 95 S-10. I was hopeing someone could help diagnose a problem my buddy, of almost 30 years, is having. The truck would run for a few minutes (3 to 5 min.) and die. It would take a jump and run for another 3 to 4 minutes, then die again. He guessed it was an alternator, and picked up a new one that I installed today. We jumped the truck,and it ran fine. We shut the motor down, and it won't restart without a jump. No click, no nothin'. The battery is 4(?) years old and the motor has 100,000+ miles. Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated!
    The Ox

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Re: I know it\'s not a full size,but....

Try putting a different battery in it - sounds like it's living off the alternator. My wife's Cherokee is currently in the same shape[​IMG]

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Check your battery, it probably has a bad cell or two, this commonly happens with batteries that get run flat, dry out, or just get old. Check the water level and trickle charge it overnight, sometimes you can recover them.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'd say the same thing, the battery is probably kinda tired...

Edit: Holy crap, I just saw the dates here!! I hope that thing is finally running!

Ratch
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com&gt;k5.8m.com&lt;/a&gt;
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by newyorkin on 01/05/02 11:14 PM.</FONT></P>