Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I know most of you guys hate MONSTER GARAGE....... BUT

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by yellowK20, Jul 14, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tonight there makin' a mudd dragster out of a 78 vette looks pretty damn cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna watch! I get pissed when they get all the "Freebies" but I envy their fabrication skills.

3. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

I also hate the freebees. The whole concept of the show was to make something hellacool on a very small budget. It's not supposed to look good or work just as planned. The rock crawler Bronco wasn't even a "monster." My God they got $20K in free parts! They should've had to make it or something.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I like that show, freebie or not. Those guys all got skillz.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. yellowK20

I agree It's a neat show jesse is kinda a cock job but damn he can sure fabricate and to build the stuff they build in the time they do it is way impressive the rockkrawler project was way cool yes they got a sh!t load of freebies but they sure did build an impressive rig the motorcycle launch truck was cool also

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I like the show it is very creative. I watched a documentary about Jesse. He is a hard working guy and has really made something for himself with his other business. My favorite would have to be American Chopper though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We need more shows about creativity and less shows about faking to be a millionaire, locking people up in a house or starving to death on an island.

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Watching it right now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What channel is it on?

9. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

That was a good show and a good pool of talent and well built. but if you noticed the only thing Jessie did is remove the old exhaust system and make a set of headers all show and messed that up too (made them upside down and with leaks)

I do hate the freebees I wish it was maybe a budget of 6000.00 and that is it and if that is too much added labor add 2 more people

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, that episode wasn't too bad since Jesse didn't put in his 2 cents. IMO he should just stick to doing what he does best(choppers) and leave building a 4x4 rig to someone who knows what they're doing...and I liked the gratuitous K5 shots throughout the show /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Pretty cool episode, but all he did was hit some standing water, he didn't even get into the actual mud. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font>

12. yellowK20

I know he came buy it honestly I was talking more about his attitude He's talks a lot off ( I love Jeeps) to people But even with all that I still think he is an awesome fabricator and I really like the show alot I had to work late last night and didn't get to see the show /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif how was it ???? [ QUOTE ]
    . My favorite would have to be American Chopper though.

[/ QUOTE ] I love American Chopper that show is awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    My favorite would have to be American Chopper though.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That was a good show and a good pool of talent and well built. but if you noticed the only thing Jessie did is remove the old exhaust system and make a set of headers all show and messed that up too (made them upside down and with leaks)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry for the confusion /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif but my comment about the creativity of the show wasn't pertained specific to Jesse but the show in general. My comment about Jesse was towards his business (west coast choppers) that has nothing to do with monster garage. He owns a bike shop. His documentary went into what he has gone through to get his shop going to what it is today. He makes custom bikes and has some awesome designs and concepts. He also sells a bunch of bike parts that he has designed like fenders. I watched another documentary about him last night. He was delivering a bike he built for shaq.

I believe tonight (or next week) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif they are doing another show about Jesse that is specific to Monster garage and how he and the producer started that. Jesse was on tv with his bikes before monster garage started and that is what I was talking about.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is more about him and his company MotorCycle Mania West Coast Choppers

15. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

i to like the show except for the freebies. if the freebie were a set of stock chevy rallys instead of 4000 $ wheels it would be a little easyier to take. i also really like american choppers but i think paul senior is a tool.

deck /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    paul senior is a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I have such mixed feelings about that guy. I like what he has done for Cody and the way he treats other people but he is way too hard on Pauly. If he wants a shop boy then hire someone but if he wants him to dish out these theme bikes like he does leave him alone and quit screaming at him for doing nothing and being a nobody. His other son Mikey answeres phones and he is treated like a god.

17. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tonight there makin' a mudd dragster out of a 78 vette looks pretty damn cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that episode last night for the first. The vette looked really cool. There were some things that I didn't really like about it though:

I think the frame is to weak for four wheel drive, large tires, and a big block

The chain drive is kinda mickey mouse

They mentioned it was going to be a mud bogger, its far from it

Suprised the engine didnt stall when he splashed through that large puddle cause you could see the water just soaking the exposed air filter

When Jesse took off at the drag race, the other trucks were pretty much idling down the track and not on the gas racing

Thats all I could remember.

18. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fell asleep right after the end of Day 1 and I was dozing through most of that. Did it look good? Was it capable of completeing it's intended job.

I think the show is cool even if they do get all those free parts. It makes for fun, and educational family entertainment. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. yellowK20

[ QUOTE ]
    The chain drive is kinda mickey mouse

[/ QUOTE ] I didn't see it but A lot of guys use chaindrives in there mud dragsters It's plenty strong for a light weight vehicle and there also a lot lighter

20. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

also VERY easy to repair if it does break.

jacob