Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I know this isn't chevy but........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82_k5, Jun 30, 2004.

1. 82_k5

82_k5 Registered Member

I know this isn\'t chevy but........

I have a 416 dodge engine out of a 2 ton truck and i was wondering if it would fit into an 80's dodge mirada that has a 318??? You guys seem to know a little about everything. TIA

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Re: I know this isn\'t chevy but........

Sure it can, how good are you with a /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: I know this isn\'t chevy but........

I think you mean a 413 ??.If so,they are the "big block" of chryslers,the 383.413,and 440 are way different than the small blocks,I'm not a mopar expert,but I do know that if you want to put a 383-440 style moter into an old dodge dart or duster the "K" frame that holds the motor mounts must be changed--I think its part of the front suspension too.Dont knoe if a mirada was available with a big block--I think the 360 or perhaps 400 mopar was the biggest motor available then--even if it was a "K" frame for that would be like finding a needle in a haystack--you will probably have to make everthing yourself--I'd search on google or some similar site for a mopar related website,they probably would be able to help you out a lot more. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm sure somebody has done it,and posted about it in cyberspace!.