Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Know We've Been Over This Before, But... Pictures!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Jan 28, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I Know We\'ve Been Over This Before, But... Pictures!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Where can I post pictures for free?
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif That won't limit the amount of pictures I can upload?
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Or the size of the pictures?
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif That will let me link to them from other sites...
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif And how do they make their money so that they aren't charging me???

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Re: I Know We\'ve Been Over This Before, But... Pictures!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    http://www.imagestation.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm..........Yeah! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    http://www.imagestation.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm..........Yeah! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I post the pictures in this BBS post after I've uploaded them to imagestation??? I tried it and it seems like I can only link to the album... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

right click on the picture, select properties, and copy that URL into the image tag to the right of the smilies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    right click on the picture, select properties, and copy that URL into the image tag to the right of the smilies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I thought image station didn't allow linking...

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

They do, I use imagestation for all my linking, its webshots that doesn't allow it.

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Thanks Tazz, I turned this image into a link back to CK5 and stuck it up in my local (jeep lovers) 4x4 club site, as my sig! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

<font color="green"> Note: I also turned my sig here into a link to my own site! </font>
    I guess that means I'm finally starting to understand this code stuff /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WTF is a URL?? i can't get it to do shittt. this is really agrovatin'.no matter what i try there is SOME thing i left out or feild i forgot. or fook it. i'll just mail pic's to everyone /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WTF is a URL?? i can't get it to do shittt. this is really agrovatin'.no matter what i try there is SOME thing i left out or feild i forgot. or fook it. i'll just mail pic's to everyone /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

url=Uniform Resource Locator
    /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

url=Uniform Resource Locator
    /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't give up man! It's a bit much for the casual computer user I know, but you can do it. As for the URL... Here's the URL for the picture I posted above of my K5 and Z28...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p19c70ac29be6ba329fdf1a71a6ade87f/f9c843d7.jpg

If you click it you should get my picture. You can also copy and paste it into your browser's address window to get there. It is literally the 'address' to the picture on the internet.

Here's a step by step:

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Upload pictures to www.imagestation.com following their instructions.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Thumb through the album you created and find the picture you like.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Right-click on the picture, and go all the way down to properties in the tab that appears.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif In the properties window that pops up, there will be a whole bunch of stuff that you don't care about, but the main thing is the URL will be listed. Copy it.

But of course like you said that's not the end of it!!! It takes a whole other mess of stuff to get it into CK5!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Create a post or reply to a post or just get to a post window however you want.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Click on the 'Image' link in blue just below the 'post' window, to the right of the smilies, to the left of the colors.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif A window will appear asking you for the URL of the picture you want to post!!! NOW you have the URL!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Clear the window and paste your URL from Imagestation into it.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Finish your post and preview it, then bask in your glory!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Hope this helps. I'm a part-time computer administrator and it took me some /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif 's to get through it.

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif