Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i know what it is finally!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by NEOMASTINO2U, Nov 2, 2002.

1. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

hey shannon,
    i finally found out what kind of bird that was stalking my dog in the backyard and hanging around my bird feeder!
    it is a coopers hawk, the damn thing showed up again today sat on my railing and waited for a little bird, me and my son watched him for about 15minutes just walking back and forth on my railing then it dove right into my rhodadendron bush and tried to get a little bird, well then i decided that i had enough and went out and chased him away but i did get some really cool pictures of him first! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif now i got to figure out how to keep him away, they seem to like to eat little birds so thats why he is hanging out in front of my bird feeder. guess i better go invest in a slingshot. just thought i would let you know i finally found out what it is! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif as soon as i get my film developed i will post a pic of this thing its kinda cool looking, looks like a falcon.

kelly

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thats awesome /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif as for keeping it away get a thing of fre crackers and everytime it comes around light one off /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. NEOMASTINO2U

he is actually really beautiful and would love to let him stay but man he is trying to kill all my really cool looking little birds, so he's got to go! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif that and i can't take the chance of him trying to go after my little dog which would be a sight to see but i don't think my dog would like that to much! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and the big dog i have would just watch and let him eat the little dog! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif so i am gonna have to try those firecrackers and see if that will get rid of him, he is pretty ballsy now he used to not come around when my neo and pitbull were outside but now he don't care if they are out there so i got to stop him before i see my terrier flying through the air! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelly

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

In my garden this year I used a scarecrow............believe it or not it worked! Last year the birds got all my corn seed before it could germinate, this year, no such problem! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. NEOMASTINO2U

so far they have left my garden alone, i had corn, artichokes, radishes,cucumbers and lots of tomatoes and potatoes and beans and a few jalopeno peppers but the dog ate those! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif she loves em'! tried a scarecrow but all they did was use it as a sitting post! so now i have a good size bird feeder up and they spend there time in it eating, wow they eat alot! already in 3 weeks gone through 35 pounds of bird food!

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I think your little dog would just beat that big ol bird right up. She is the queen of the castle and all. That is a lot of bird food you guys go through. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. NEOMASTINO2U

we do go through alot of food go figure every time i look out the window i swear the birds are having a hard time flying they are getting so fat! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelly

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

So your helping the big birdie out huh?!
    I'm going to tell the little birdie that whispers to me sweet nothings, what it is your up to. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I'm on to you and your little dog too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    OMG I fell out of my chair at that one, I so am funnie!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. NEOMASTINO2U

OH SH*T! YOU FOUND ME OUT!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif shhhhhhhhhh! be very very quiet i'm hunting little birdies! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

kelly